Chapter 29- Muzan Kibutsuji

Third Person:

The twins closed the door behind him.

Muzan Kibutsuji, the master, walked to the sunlight. Everyone looked at him.

(Muzan isn't blind like the original Kagaya.)

Muzan looked up at the sky. Then he looked at all of the Hashira.

Muzan: Good morning, everyone. The weather is strikingly nice today. A lovely blue sky. He pleases me that we've made it to our semi annual Hashira meeting with no personal changes.

So this is the master, Nezuko thought. He looks ill.

Suddenly, Nezuko's head was placed softly on the ground.

So fast and gentle! I couldn't even react! This...

Nezuko opened her eyes and saw all of the Hashira bowing.

Hakuji: I am pleased to see you in good health as well, Master. I fervently pray for your continued good fortune.

Muzan: Thank you, Hakuji.

I wanted to say that! Ume thought. Off of my greetings to the Master!

Hakuji: if I may, Master... Before we start the Hashira Meeting, would you mind enlightening us about this swordswoman, Nezuko Kamado, traveling with a demon?

He didn't seem to have a drop of intellect or logic, but he's speaking so formally now!

Muzan: Right. I apologize for surprising you all. about Nezuko and Tanjiro... I sanctioned their situation. And I'd also like you all to except it.

Not what the Hashira expected him to say, so they obviously were surprised. They all had different opinions about it too.

Doma: Even though it's what you request, Master, I cannot consent.

Gyutaro: I, too, must suppose! demon Slayer, traveling with a Demon is unacceptable!

Ume: I shall do whatever it is, you wish, Master!

Nakime: I'm fine either way...

Tsutako and Rui said nothing.

Hatengu: I won't trust them. I won't trust them. in the first place, I loathe demons.

Managi: Although respect you of all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Master! I fully oppose it!

Hakuji: The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons. I request that you punish both Kamado and Tomioka.

Muzan turned his head and looked at one of the twins.

Muzan: Then, the letter...

Twin 3: Yes sir.

One of the twins pulled out a letter and unfolded it.

Twin 3: this letter arrive from a former Hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki. I shall read you an abridged version. "Please allow Nezuko to be accompanied by her brother, a demon. Because of his resilient, spiritual strength, Tanjiro has retained his human reason. Even in a sto state, he refused to eat people, and this has held a true more than two years later. Although the situation sounds outlandish, it is the indisputable truth. Should Tanjiro ever attack a human, Nezuko Kamado, as well as... Sakonji Urokodaki and Tsutako Tomioka will a tomb by slicing open our stomachs."

Nezuko looked at Tsutako, who's look did not change. Nezuko began to cry, huge tears fell out of her eyes."

Hakuji: So, what if they commit seppuku? If they want to die, then rot to death for all I care! it doesn't guarantee anything!

Managi: Soyama is right! If he kills and eats a human, it's irreversible! The dead won't come back!

Muzan: You do have a point.

Hakuji: In that case...

Managi: Master!

Muzan: We can't guarantee that he won't attack humans. We can't prove it. That said... We also can't prove that he will attack humans.

Hakuji gasped.

Muzan: the fact is that Tanjiro has refrained from devouring humans for more than two years, and also that there are free, people staking their lives on him. To deny that... those who rejected must offer, and even more convincing argument.

Hakuji growled under his breath.

Muzan: Do you all intend to do so? Also, there's something I'd like to relate to you, my children. Nezuko and Tanjiro here have crossed paths with Ubuyashiki.

All of the Hashira gasped.

Gyutaro: No, impossible! Even when no, Hashira has ever crossed paths with him?

Gyutaro accidentally pushes Ume to the ground.

Gyutaro: You mean this kid... What did he look like? What about his abilities? Where was he?

Nakime: Did you battle him?

Hakuji started to shake Nezuko's head lightly. Meanwhile, Tsutako helped Ume up.

Hakuji: What was Ubuyashiki doing? Did you find his lair? Hey, answer me!

Gyutaro: Shut up! I asked him first! First, tell us about his abilities!

Muzan put his finger over his mouth and everyone became quiet.

Muzan: Ubuyashiki has sent pursuers after Nezuko. No, his purpose may simply be to silence her, now that Ubuyashiki's shown his tail and we've grabbed it, I don't want to let go. I also believe somethings happening to Tanjiro that Ubuyashiki never saw coming. Can you try to understand?

All of them were silent until Hakuji spoke.

Hakuji: I'm afraid I don't, master. If it were human, there would be no question we'd spare it, but after all, we've gone through, after losing countless of our brethren, asking us to house a demon, it's unacceptable.

Muzan grunted before Hakuji pulled out his sword.

Hakuji: Gyutaro, your hand please.

Gyutaro gave Hakuji his arm. He cut Gyutaro's arm with it making Nezuko gasp.

Gyutaro: ...

Huh, Ume thought. Wh-What is he doing? What is he doing? Not all over the garden!

Hakuji: Hear me, Master! The depravity of a demon, I will prove it to you here and now!

Muzan: Hakuji.

Hakuji throws Tanjiro's box on the ground and steps on it. He let's Gyutaro's blood fall on it.

Hakuji: Hey, demon, it's time for your dinner. Take a bite.

Tanjiro grunts inside of the box as the blood touches his hand.

Hakuji: No need to hold back. Just show us your true colors. And then I'll destroy you right here.

Nezuko: Get away from him!

Hatengu: It's the daytime. No good doing this now. It'll only show itself in the shadows.

Hakuji: Master, please forgive the discourtesy I am about to commit.

Hakuji pulls Gyutaro into the the master's home with Tanjiro in the box. He drops it and stabs Tanjiro again.

Nezuko: Stop it!

Hatengu jumps on Nezuko, his elbow on her wrists.

Hakuji: Come on out, demon.

Tanjiro grunts and Nezuko stares in shock.

Hakuji: It's the human blood you love so much!

I can't breathe! I can't move!

Hakuji uses his to open the door of the  box. Tanjiro shuddered before he got up. All of the Hashira stared at the sight.

Nezuko: T-Tanjiro!

Tanjiro looked at Hakuji growling. If he took Gyutaro's blood, it would be over.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading! 🧡