Chapter 3: The Photoshoot

After school, Taysom told his parents that he was going to Aisha's house.

"Alright be home by 6:30." said his mama.

"Yes ma'am." Taysom replied.

"And don't do anything you aren't supposed to do. I want you to come home with good grades, not good babies." said his daddy sarcastically.

"Yes sir." Taysom remarked.

Taysom arrived at Aisha's house and knocked on her door.

"Oh hey Taysom." Aisha said.

"Hey." Taysom replied.

"I meant to tell you that I wasn't going to do the photoshoot again."

"Why not?"

"I didn't get the role. They said they've already found an actress."

Even though Aisha didn't get the role, Taysom wasn't happy. He felt like he jinxed it for Aisha. He wanted her to be happy and her not getting the role he felt bad.

"Oh, I'm sorry. But we still can do the photoshoot." Taysom suggested.

"For what though?" Aisha replied confused.

"I mean I am in charge of this year's yearbook. So for the yearbook maybe."

Aisha thought for a moment and she agreed.

"Oh okay. Well let's do it then."

Aisha walked Taysom to the basement. She pulled out boxes with outfits in them. She tried on different varieties of outfits.  Taysom was surprised by how good of a model Aisha was. After doing regular shots, Taysom and Aisha took some selfies together. Aisha hopped on Taysom's back and they fell all in the pile of clothes. They laid down in the pile exhausted from goofing around.

"Thank you, Taysom." Aisha said while breathing hard.

"You're welcome, but for what?" Taysom said confusingly.

"For turning my day around."

"Oh, well it wasn't nothing. All you needed was to get your mind off it."

"Well it meant something to me, thank you."

Aisha faced Taysom's way and kissed him on the cheek. Taysom blushed as she did it.

"Well my momma is coming home soon, you better go." Aisha said.

"Okay, well, see you tomorrow." Taysom replied.

"Same, bye."

Taysom walked out and looked at the selfie of him and her. He smiled and couldn't believe that Aisha kissed him on the cheek. He thought if only he had the courage to kiss her back on the lips.