Chapter 17: 11/24/05

On November the 24th, Jahonna's birthday, her friends decided to go to Jahonna's favorite place. Dave N Busters, to celebrate her birthday. Everyone was at McKennezie's house, Taysom was walking over there. As he got to McKennezie's front yard, Aisha walked up to him.

"Hey Taysom." said Aisha.

"Hey." Taysom replied.

"You know we're going to have to turn up for this one, right?"

"Yeah, I know that. I just don't know how to without crying or feeling sad."

"Let's just not try to think about Jahonna as she being dead, but her still being in our hearts."

"Yeah, I'll try, I must try. For my sake and the rest of y'all. Especially for McKennezie."

"Definitely. Welp, let's do this."

Aisha and Taysom walked inside McKennezie's house. They saw their friends sitting down on the couch in the living room.

"Hey, where's McKennezie?" asked Aisha.

"She's in her room getting dressed." Keivana explained.

"I don't like McKennezie being in a room by herself, Imma go check on her. Jill, you wanna come with me?"

"Yeah, sure." Jill replied.

"Imma go with y'all too." said Keivana.

Taysom and Quayvon stayed in the living room while the girls checked on McKennezie.

"How you doing, Quay?" asked Taysom.

"Good, you?"

"Yeah."

"Aye, Taysom. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"Well, you see. I got this friend (not me) who's going somewhere with his friends and his ex is coming along. Now my friend is trying to get back with his ex (who is not Jill). So my friend asked me if I can help, but I don't really have an answer. So maybe you, who is my other friend, can help out?"

"Well if I was your friend, I would go spend time with her and get back into her heart. Then when the time is right, I'll ask."

"Okay, thanks. My friend (who is not me) will be very happy to hear that."

"Yo, Quayvon."

"Yeah?"

"You know you could've just said, You and Jill, right?"

"Yeah, haha."

Meanwhile in McKennezie's room:
"Man, I wanna f*cking cry so badly." said Jiliana.

"We all do, Jill." Keivana replied.

"Aye, Girls. Today is not a day to be sad. C'mon lift your heads up and smile." said McKennezie.

The girls looked at McKennezie strange, because ever since Jahonna died, they'd be the ones trying to cheer her up. Not her trying to cheer them up.

"Umm, McKennezie, have you been smoking in here?" asked Aisha.

"No, I think that it's just time for us to really cherish the time that we spent with Jahonna while we had the chance to. It's her birthday after all. Let's just be happy and I mean very happy today." McKennezie stated.

"You ain't never been so right in your life." Jiliana hugged McKennezie.

Then Aisha and Keivana joined as well.
"Welp, let's go turn up." said Keivana.

The girls walked back into the living room. McKennezie grabbed a picture of her and Jahonna and slid it into her pocket before she walked out of the room. Before they walked out the door Taysom made a speech.

Jayst's The Yearbookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें