Chapter 10: The Song She Sings At Night

McKennezie and her parents went and dropped off Jahonna at her house.

“It was fun today, thank you for coming.” said McKennezie.

“It was. I’ll see you tomorrow. Happy birthday again McKennezie.” said Jahonna.

“Thank you.”

“See you later Mrs. and Mr. Jones. Thank you for dropping me off.”

“Bye honey.” said McKennezie’s mother.

“Take care now.”said McKennezie’s father.
“See you later again best friend.”

“See you later too.” said McKennezie as she and Jahonna hugged each other.

Jahonna walked into her house and closed the door quietly so that her daddy wouldn’t hear her. She silently took off her shoes and tipped toed to the stairs. When she was about to take a step up, the living room’s lights came on. She got startled and jumped. She turned around and saw her daddy standing near the light switch with a wooden paddle in his hand.

“So you sneak out of my house and try to sneak back in like a thief. Tell me where you've been and I promise you I’ll have a little more mercy on you when I beat your a**.” said her daddy.

Jahonna took a deep swallow and a tear came down her eyes as she started to cry.

“I’m sorry, daddy. I won’t do it again.” Jahonna said as she sobbed.

“Ain’t no sorry no more. You should've thought of that before you snuck out.” her daddy said as he walked up to her.

“Take off your pants and your shirt and stand over there by that wall.” he demanded.

She stripped off her pants and shirt.
“Take off your bra too and hold your arms up in the air. Face the wall."

Jahonna started to cry more, she tried to beg her daddy to not beat her, but he just ignored her.

He went and grabbed his whip and started to slash it against her back. Jahonna fell onto her knees and screamed and cried loudly. He grabbed her by her neck and stood her up against the wall. He repeatedly whooped her with the whip. Her screams got louder. Jahonna couldn’t take the pain she started to wiggle and move. She fell onto the ground and held her arms up trying to block the whip, but it didn’t help because it slashed against her arms.

Carelessly whipping her the whip started to slash against her breasts. He then dropped the whip and grabbed Jahonna, lifted her up in the air and slammed her on the floor. He dragged her through the house by her legs and tossed her into the basement. He grabbed a bucket of steaming hot water and dumped it on her. She screamed so loud a glass shatter and the pieces fell on her. He closed the door and locked it.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” she cried.