Chapter 37: Hotter Than Venice

The next day, Group 6 went out to the beach. Quayvon was happy, because now he got a chance to spot The Professor. The girls quickly went to the water and the boys decided to play a game of Sandball-football in sand.

“Girls guess what I’m doing.” Jiliana said, standing suspiciously still in the water and smirking.

“Wait… EW JILL YOU’RE SO DISGUSTING!!” Aisha exclaimed, moving away from Jiliana.

“What did she do?” Keivana asked, confusingly.

“She peed in the water.” Francisco explained, laughing.

“Hahaha, you’re overreacting, Aisha. It’s beach water, not a pool.”

“Say that to the fishes.” Aisha remarked.

“I’m sure they don’t care that much. I mean they pee too and everything else with urinating systems.”

“Well, I don’t wanna be peed on.”

“Oh, that’s not close to being peed on. THIS IS!!” Jiliana splashed Aisha with the water in her face. Aisha tried to splash Jiliana back, but she missed and accidentally hit Keivana.

“Aye!” Keivana splashed Aisha back, then they started having a splash war.

Over in the sand the boys were playing their sandball game. Taysom and Quayvon’s team were losing by 10 points up against Rayol and Kevin’s team. The score was 21-31.

“Aye, aye, c’mon y’all were almost there!” Taysom yelled, trying to give his team enough courage to come back.

“Y’all boys are not coming back. Just give up.” Kevin teased.

“Nah boy, you forgot 6 of us that’s on this team played for the football team last year.”

Taysom hiked the ball and stayed in the pocket. Quayvon slanted to the left away from Rayol leaving him wide. Taysom threw a dot to him and Quayvon caught it. He ran passed 3 defenders, juked Kevin, and scored the touchdown.

“Let’s GOO!” Quayvon yelled, happily, getting dapped up  by his other teammates. With Rayol and Kevin’s team failing their drive, Taysom and Quayvon’s team scored with 3 points, tying the game. Trying to break the tie, the boys were interrupted by the girls.

“BOO! Y’ALL SUCK!!” Jiliana said.

“Man, why y’all always doing this?” Quayvon remarked.

“Doing what?”

“Interrupting our games.”

“Because y’all suck.” Aisha teased.

“Prove it. Let’s hit a game.”

“Uh, we’re not playing no football.”

“Okay, what about volleyball.”

"Sure, but y’all still ain't gonna win." said Jiliana.

"That kickball game was luck, to be honest. We’re gonna have no remorse on y’all." implied Rayol.

"For real volleyball ain't nothing but zone coverage and swatting." Kevin added.

As both teams got set, they had one of the teachers be a referee. Because they were "gentlemen", the boys let the girls tip it off first. When the ball got near Rayol, he tipped it in the air then swatted it down to the ground on the girls’ side.

“ARGGGHHH! THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!!” Rayol exclaimed, dapping up his teammates.

“Calm down.” Keivana rolled her eyes.

The game kept going and the boys kept scoring. The girls scored too, just not as much as the boys. The game ended and the boys won, 14-5. The girls were sitting down on the beach mat under an umbrella, when the boys walked up to them with ice cream cones.

“For y’all great sportsmanship, we’ll like to reward you all with tasty, delightful compliments.” said Taysom as the boys passed the girls the ice cream cones.

“Aww, thanks guys.” said the girls.

“We’re sorry for being so toxic, we deserved the loss.” said Aisha.

“Nah, we were toxic too.” Quayvon responded.

“Well, toxic or no toxic, this ice cream is bussing.” Jiliana said as everyone laughed.