Chapter 19: Friends

Keivana was on her roller skates, skating over to McKennezie's house. Before they left Dave N Busters, McKennezie told Keivana that she was going to redo her braids for her. Keivana was about a block away from McKennezie's house, when she saw a pitbull near a stop sign. Keivana had a fear of dogs. The dog was sniffing the ground, so she tried to roll past it quietly, not trying to be noticed.

As she got behind the dog, the dog turned its head around. Keivana started to get more scared. She soon started to skate faster, the dog started to walk closer to run. Keivana then skated fast down the street and the dog ran behind her barking. Keivana kept skating, praying that she would be able to get away from the dog. Keivana then clipped up and fell to the ground the dog hopped on top of her. The dog tried to bite her until a boy around her age grabbed the dog and tossed it.

"Back the f*ck up!!" The boy had a nightstick in his hand swinging it towards the dog trying to make it run away. The dog continued to bark and get closer towards the boy. He then took out a taser. The dog pounced at him, he wack the dog in its head then tazed its back as it fell to the ground. The dog whimpered then ran away down the street.

The boy grabbed Keivana and lifted her up.
"You alright?" He said.

"Yeah, thank you. And that's the reason I f*cking hate dogs, now." Keivana brushed herself off.

"Same, I don't really care for them myself. Things tricky as hell."

"No cap. Thank you again." Keivana looked at her roller skates and one of the wheels broke.

"Man sh*t!" She raged.

"Aw, dang. Your skates."

"Ugh, it's alright. I was thinking about getting some more anyway." Keivana began to walk down the street, unsatisfied with what happened to her just now. The boy looked at her and thought maybe he could walk her to wherever she's going.

"Uh, I mean if you wanna."

"Yeah, I ain't got nothing to do anyway. I was just sitting on my porch bored, that's when I saw you being attacked by that dog."

"Okay then."

"My name's Enorrah, by the way."

"Keivana."

"Nice to meet you Keivana."

"You too."

Once they had reached Keivana's destination, they said their see you laters and Keivana thanked Enorrah again for saving her. She then walked onto McKennezie's house porch and knocked on the door. McKennezie's mother opened the door.

"Keivana, what are you doing here?"

"McKennezie said she was going to redo my braids for me."

"Oh right. I think she's in her room. Come on."

Keivana walked up to McKennezie's bedroom door and knocked.

"Ken, you in there?" There was no answer.

"Ken, it's me Keivana. You might've forgotten, but you said you were going to redo my hair." There still was no answer. Keivana saw a bobby pin on the floor. She picked it up and unlocked the door with it.

"Hey, Ken I-" Keivana dropped the bobby pin and her mouth dropped wide open.

"MCKENNEZIE!!!!!!! NOOOO!! NO, NO, NO!!! MRS. JONES MCKENNEZIE'S GONE!!" Keivana yelled outrageously. McKennezie's mother ran into the room and saw McKennezie hanging off a belt from the ceiling fan.

"MY BABY!!" Mrs. Jones fell onto her knees under McKennezie's body.

"JEFF, JEFF COME QUICK!!" Mr. Jones ran into the room, he couldn't believe his eyes.

"OHHH NOO!!!" he grabbed onto McKennezie's body and tried to pull her down. Keivana looked at McKennezie's body while crying and saw McKennezie holding the picture of Jahonna, Mr. Fischer and Mr. Fraizer drew for them. She just couldn't believe what she was seeing. She knew McKennezie was not okay at all yesterday. She kept the grief in her too long, trying to not be sad. All she wanted was to be with her best friend in the world, and that was Jahonna. And killing herself was the only way to be able to do so. But the thing was that McKennezie didn't think about, is what she'll be leaving. 

It was a Monday morning when this was happening. Keivana and McKennezie decided to stay home, because Keivana thought that McKennezie was going to redo her braids for her. But now she knew that wasn't going to happen. At school Taysom, Aisha, Quayvon, Jiliana, and the rest of the class were taking down notes, when police officers entered the classroom. Taysom thought they were doing the monthly backpack check for drugs or anything, ever since the incident at the bus ramp happened. But that took place once students entered the building.

"We have some very sad news for you guys. We're here to tell you that one of your classmates-friends-were announced dead today, in a case of suicide. We reckon you might know this person as McKennezie Queen Jones…"

Those words shut the entire class down. Especially Taysom, Aisha, Quayvon, and   Jiliana. When the officer said that she hung herself, Aisha got up quickly and stormed out of the classroom to the restrooms. Jiliana ran after her.

Aisha entered the restroom and took out a pen and tried to slit her wrist, but Jiliana grabbed her hand and snatched the pen away.

"AISHA STOP!! DON'T KILL YOURSELF TOO!"

"NO!! LET GO OF ME!!" Aisha pulled away from Jiliana and went to the sink and started to cry.

"NO!! YOU LOOK HERE!! I'M NOT LOSING ANOTHER BEST FRIEND!! WERE SISTER LIKE FOR CHRIST SAKE!"

"Jill, you don't understand, though…" Aisha sobbed. Jiliana looked at Aisha confused.
"What do you mean? I think I understand enough."

"I knew this was going to happen! I dreamed about this." Aisha and Jiliana began to cry more.

"Huh!?"

"The day after Jahonna died, I had dreams that all of us died. McKennezie was the first. She hung herself, the same exact way she did today. I'm… I'm f*cking scared, Jiliana!!" Jiliana squeezed Aisha tightly. She looked Aisha in her eyes.

"Aisha, so then don't kill yourself. You are my sister. Please, don't."

"You died too, Jill. I saw you die too. In a car accident. I… I'm terrified of this.

More tears fell down from Jiliana's face. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "My god… Did you tell anyone?"

"Only Taysom."

"You have to tell the others, Aisha…"

"I know, but… I don't know how to."

"Let's do it together, okay?"
Aisha looked up at Jiliana and stared back into her eyes.

"Okay."

Jiliana kissed Aisha on the forehead and hugged her. "Aisha I swear to f*cking god, that no more of us is going to die. We.. We just can't.  We won't allow it."

"I know."