Chapter 11: Pop Out

15 minutes before they sing happy birthday to McKennezie:

Jamonte and Quayvon arrived at the trap house where the gang was preparing to do their drive-by.

“Now look n*gga, you’ll be shooting too. We taught you how to do this sh*t, so you shouldn’t have any problem with this.” said Jamonte.

“Yeah, I got this.” Quayvon replied.

“Just pop any n*gga you see in red. And if you accidentally shoot a bystander n*gga, then f*ck it. Ain’t nothing you can do.”

Jamonte and Quayvon got into the car with the other gang members.  They rode to  the block where the Crips were trapping at. They turned off their headlights and rode down the street slowly. One of the Crips saw the car pulling up suspecting something.

“Oh sh*t!! DRIVE BY, DRIVE BY!” said the Crip gang member.

“THEY RUNNING, THEY RUNNING!!” said a Blood gang member.

“SQUEEZE THEM!” said Jamonte.

Quayvon and the rest of the blood gang members started to shoot at the Crips. Bullets lit up the entire block. Civilians who were chilling on their porches duck down trying not to get shot by the bullets. Quayvon shot one of the Crips in his back.

After the drive-by they went back to their trap house to celebrate.

“WOO! AYO, YOU SAW SOME THEM B*TCHES!?” said Dunka happily.

“Had them n*ggas squealing dawg.” said Jamonte.

As they continued talking and celebrating. Quayvon walked up to Jamonte and tapped his shoulder.

“What up Quay?”

“I needa talk to you for a sec, outside."

“For sure. Ayo, D, we’ll be right back.”

Quayvon and Jamonte walked outside. Quayvon sat on the porch stool, Jamonte leaned up against the porch iron railing. Jamonte pulled out a weed blunt and started to smoke it.

“So what you wanted, my n*gga?” Jamonte tried to pass it to Quayvon and let him take a puff, but he refused.

“I’on wanna do this no more.” Jamonte nosed skinned up.

“What n*gga!? You shot up some n*ggas dying and now you trying b*tch out? YOU OPPS, N*GGA!?” Jamonte boasts up against Quayvon.

“Hell nah, I- I just don’t think I’m cut out for this. It ain’t my life.”

“N*GGA, YOU GONE TOO FAR IN THIS B*TCH. THERE AIN’T NO LEAVING THIS!! ONCE YOU IN IT, YOU’RE IN IT!” Jamonte slammed his blunt on the ground.

“And the only way for you to get out of this, is to fight your way through. And when we do that, we’re coming for the heart. Know what that means right n*gga? Means we are going for the ones you love and you don’t want that to happen do ya?” Quayvon shook his head no.

“Okay then, so straighten the f*ck up and get yo a** back in the house.”

Jamonte and Quayvon walked back inside the trap house. Quayvon wished he could get out of this. The more he does this, the more he feels like he’s going to die soon.