Chapter 28: Bounce Back

It was a Saturday morning, and the first week of winter break had just begun. Everything felt somewhat normal. The friends just hoped that nothing else would go wrong and that the rest of the year would go right. No more drama, no more losses, just good times.

The crew would usually go somewhere and hang out, but it was too cold to go anywhere. This winter break surely hit differently than the last one. So instead, they facetime each other and were group binge watching some cartoons they used to watch when they were little.

“The animation in this looked so good.” said Taysom.

“Exactly, this and Totally Spies.” Keivana replied.

“Huh! What the f*ck, y’all watched that!?” Quayvon yelled, disgusted by the fact of Keivana watching a cartoon like that.

“Ouu, I love that show! It was so great!” Jiliana commented.

“Oh, yeah, I remember that show. It was fun to me.” Aisha implied.

“You girls.” Quayvon shook his head in disappointment.

“Not gonna lie, Quayvon. That show did kinda hit hard.” Taysom imparted.

“You too, n*gga!?”

“What, it was fun. It kinda reminded me of Charlie’s Angels. And the animation looked good for its time. It had that anime lofi vibe.”

“Sus…. But do you, I guess.”

“So, y’all wanna watch some T and J?” asked Jiliana, chewing on an almond nut.

“T and J?” Aisha remarked, confused.

“Tom and Jerry.”

“We were just watching that an hour ago.” Keivana kinda felt bored.

“How about we come over to Keivana’s house and play Monopoly?” suggested Jiliana.

“Godd*mn, why my house?” she laughed.

“Because, your house has a Monopoly game inside it.”

“Fine, but I’m the car.”

A while later, they got to Keivana’s house. They grabbed some snacks from out of the kitchen and then went into the basement. They placed some mats down then grabbed the Monopoly game from the shelf and began setting everything up.

“Okay, so y’all wanna place a bet?” Jiliana said smiling.

“Uh, girl no.” Keivana replied. Taysom rolled the dice.

“Hm. I’ll buy that.” he said.

“Godd*mn, dude.” Aisha commented.

“What?”

“You already buying up sh*t?”

“Aye, don’t hate.”

“For real, don’t be hating on my boy, Tay.”

After Taysom went, Keivana rolled the dice.  “I-, uh, what the f*ck.” Keivana landed on Taysom’s property.

She looked at Taysom and Taysom looked back at her with a smirk on his face. Keivana was pissed off inside her head, but she thought maybe she could try to get her to not pay.

“Don’t worry, since what happened to you, I’d let you slide. But next time… you gotta pay.” Well, maybe she didn’t have to convince him. She’d always known Taysom was a good dude.

“Thanks.”

“Mhm.”

Jiliana went to roll and after her was Aisha, then Quayvon. After playing one game they went into the kitchen to do a Mukbang video on Jiliana’s TikTok page.

“Just hide my face with an emoji.” said Keivana.

“Yeah, mine too.” Quayvon said, biting a piece of the Hot Cheetos hot dog.

“Don’t y’all have Instagram?” asked Taysom, confused by the fact of them having a social media account, but don’t wanna be seen.

“Yeah…”

“So why are y'all blocking y’alls faces?”

“Because I don’t want nobody seeing me doing this stupid sh*t.” explained Quayvon.

After a day of chilling with each other, they went back home, so that tomorrow they can do it all again.