Chapter 34: Chocolate Dipped Hearts

If there was a day to make Taysom more nervous, Valentines would definitely be it. Valentines Day, the time of love, first kisses, and first break ups. Taysom was more bummed out than he would be on Valentines, because Aisha was out of town. She was in New York visiting family. Thing is that Taysom had a whole plan on how he was going to tell Aisha on how he felt about her.

There was a Valentines party being held at a rec center located near the neighborhood, the crew decided to head there for a bit. Keivana was at Jill's house waiting for her to get ready.

"Jill, please put a bra on already, godd*mn." Keivana said, covering her eyes.

"I'm trying to. I'm tryna find the bra McKennezie gave me." Jiliana kept tossing bras out her bra basket.

"Does it really matter?"

"Yes, it really does."

"Ugh, just hurry up. This feels weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Like I'm sitting in your room with your boobs out."

"Ouu yay, I found it!" Jill grabbed the bra and put it on. "Oh my, who made this mess."

"Casper?"

After Jiliana got through getting dressed, she and Keivana left the house and rode their bikes to the rec center. Quayvon was already there, Jiliana ran towards him and k*ssed him on his cheek.

"Hey baby!!" Jiliana hugged him.

"Sup bae!"

Keivana walked over to the candy basket. Rayol was standing over there.

"Like your fit, Kei." Rayol said, unwrapping a chocolate bar.

"Thanks. Yours look nice too."

"You-" Rayol was cut off by his girlfriend.

"Rayol, boy c'mon and stop flirting."

Feeling frustrated, Keivana was about to walk out when Taysom walked in. He sat down by the bleachers. Keivana went to sit by him.

"I hate Valentine's day." said Keivana.

"No sh*t."

"I don't even know why I came here."

"You wanna walk around for a bit?"

"Why not."

Taysom and Keivana took some candies before walking out the rec center. There was a park behind the rec center and they walked around there.

"Where's Aisha?" Keivana asked.

"New York." Taysom kicked an acorn.

"When she's coming back?"

"I don't know, she ain't say."

They took a seat on a bench by a fountain.

Meanwhile back at the rec center:
Jiliana and Quayvon were dancing. The DJ was playing Sam Cook.

"I love this song." Jiliana said.

"Same."

"You know... I'm glad you asked me to be your girlfriend again."

"I almost gave up for a second, but you know... I had to have you."

"I'm really lucky to have you."

"I should be the one saying that. I mean like that time I f**ked up, I really thought it was over with. And when you let me go, I'd really understood all that I was missing."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." Quayvon and Jilana's heads drew closer together before their lips magnetized to each other. They kissed right there on the dance floor while good ole Sam Cook's voice was swimming through their ears.

Back at the fountain:
"I kinda get jealous sometimes." Keivana said, staring at the beautiful fountain.

"Why?"

"Because everyone had somebody. You have Quayvon, Aisha has Jill, before they died, McKennezie had Jahonna. And well me... I'm just there. Sometimes when we are together I feel misplaced in the group." Taysom reached his hand out and placed it on Keivana's shoulder.

"You're not misplaced. If you didn't matter to us, we all wouldn't have asked you to be friends with us."

"You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"I'm serious," Taysom grabbed Keivana's hand and Keivana turned around facing him. "You're just as important as the rest of us. You ain't gotta feel down on yourself, that's not what we're about. Especially after what happened to us."

Taysom and Keivana looked at each other both in the eyes. Keivana placed her hand on Taysom's lap. Her head moved closer to his as she placed her forehead on his. Both of their hearts were pumping fast. Both of their bodies were getting hot.

"I've, uhh... never kissed anyone before... have you?" Keivana said, her eyes gazing into Taysom's.

"No."

"Can I kiss you?" Hearing Keivana say that, he didn't know what to think. He had never seen Keivana like this before.

"Please?" she said again.

"I.... I guess." Keivana slowly placed her lips on Taysom's.

Her hands were shaking and then when her lips came in contact with Taysom lips, they stopped shaking. Taysom placed both hands on Keivana's waist. Keivana's hand stayed on the bench. As their lips continued to be on each other, Keivana slowly slid her tongue in his mouth. In shock, Taysom's head jerked back a little.

"Sorry..." Keivana apologized.

"It's okay." Keivana went back and kissed Taysom again, but for a shorter time. Their foreheads rested each among each other. They kept looking each other in the eyes.

"I feel different now." Keivana said.

"Me too."

"This might sound kinky, I don't know but, it felt like kissing my brother." Keivana gave out a laugh after saying that, Taysom laughed with her.

"Yea, it felt like kissing my sister. But, you are a good kisser though."

"Yeah, you too."

"I liked the tongue thing you did there."

"Haha, yea.."

"What tongue thing?" Jiliana's head popped up from behind the bench. Keivana and Taysom quickly sat up straight.

"Oh, uhh, umm. Nothing." said Keivana.

"Yeah, we were just talking about a picture she took."

"Oh, can I see?"

"No, it's just a friend thing."

"Oh well, okay."

Quayvon joined the rest at the fountain. "What y'all doing out here?"

"Just talking." said Keivana as she and Taysom kept looking at each other in the corner of their eyes and smiling.