Chapter 7: Day 2

Aisha and Jiliana were walking to the bus stop when Jiliana saw that Aisha's eyes were kinda red.

“Aisha did you get any sleep? Your eyes are redder than my dog’s.” said Jiliana.

“Not really.” Aisha replied.

“Care to explain?”

“I had that nightmare again, but this time it happened.”

“What do you mean?”

“We’ve died. It felt so real.”

“Ohh, I’m so sorry. It’s okay bestie, you ain’t dying no time soon.” said Jiliana hugged Aisha.

“Thank you, bestfriend."

As Aisha and Jiliana got to the bus stop they saw Keivana and McKennezie playing hopscotch.
“It’s playing hopscotch at a school bus stop for me.” said Jiliana.

“It’s Jiliana and Aisha holding onto each other like lesbians for me.” Keivana remarked.

“Laugh my a** off.” said McKennezie.

While other students got to the bus stop, McKennezie looked around wondering where Jahonna was.

“Where is Jahonna?” she said.

“I don’t know, she’s probably absent.” Aisha said.

“On the second day of school, though?”

As she kept looking around, Keivana saw Jahonna coming from down the street.
“Oh there she is.” Keivana said as she pointed out her way.

“Morning Jahonna.” said McKennzie.
“D*mn girl, what happened to your lip?” asked Jiliana, surprised by the huge blip on her lip.

Jahonna quickly came up with a lie and covered up her lip.
“Oh me and my daddy were dancing and he accidentally elbowed me in the mouth.” she said.

“Mm, it looks like he was beating the sh*t outta you.” said Keivana.

“Oh, I’m sure it’ll heal quickly.” Jahonna said, trying to make her lie sound convincing.

About a minute later the school bus arrived.
“So did you ask your daddy if you could come to my birthday party?” McKennezie asked.
“Yeah, he said I can go.” Jahonna replied.
“Okay, cool.”

After picking up the other students from the bus stop, the bus arrived at the school. Mr. Fischer and Mr. Frazier were waiting outside the bus ramp so that they could roast kids as they walked by.

“Aye, check this out.” Mr. Fischer said before calling out Keivana’s name.

“Keivana, you had fried chicken last night?” He tried not to laugh.

“No, why?” Keivana replied.

“Oh, because of the way your legs look, I thought you went to a fried chicken buffet.”

Mr. Fraizer started to burst out laughing. Jiliana was walking near them when she heard what Mr. Fischer said and started to laugh as well.

“Boy, shut the h*ll up. D*mn stop talking to me and Jill it’s not even that so you can shut the f*ck up too.” said Keivana.

“Excuse me then.” Jiliana replied.

“Aye, don’t take it out on Jill. She ain’t the one who roasted your a**.” said Mr. Frazier.

“You know what I ain’t got time for this, bye.” Keivana said as she walked into the school building.

“Yeah, go away you light skinned wildebeest.” said Mr. Fischer.

“Hahaha, she looks like a bambie gone rogue. But why you always picking on her?” said Mr. Frazier.

“Because she looks like my ex.”

“Your ex had ashy legs?”

“No, but her elbows were.”

“Dang.”