Chapter 33: Last Stand

On Saturday Quayvon and Taysom were chilling at the park with Rayol and Kevin. They were shooting the ball around some.

"D*mn that's a nice shot Rayol." complimented Quayvon.

"For real, better than Curry." Taysom imparted, shooting the ball but bricking.

"No, you did not just say that, Tay." Kevin spoke.

"Curry ain't all that, though." Quayvon said.

"Pfft, casuals."

"Aye, look. I'm not Curry. I'm Rayol. Curry can't do what I do." Rayol ran up to the hoop for a layup.

"And what's that?" asked Taysom.

"Pull Keivana."

"Ohh, hahaha." Laughed Quayvon.

"You like Keivana?" Taysom asked.

"Not like that, but she's pretty fine, not gonna lie."

"I mean I'll get with her too, if I ain't already had 4 girls on my list."
mentioned Kevin.

"Please, you're not even her type." Rayol responded.

"How do you know if I'm her type or not?"

"Because, you just said it yourself. You got 4 girls, so..."

"I said if I ain't had them, then I'll go for her."

"Whatever... Aye, Taysom, who's eye candy to you?" Taysom paused, tying his shoes and looked up at the boys. He was silent for a moment.

"What do you mean, eye candy?" he said.

"As in, who do you like?"

"Uhh..." Taysom started to get butterflies even though Aisha was nowhere near them. He had it bad for her.

"Uhh... A- Ai- Aisha..." Taysom's face started to feel hot.

"Oh... d*mn. That's actually surprising. How long have y'all been friends and you ain't told her, yet?"

"I haven't found the right time."

"Any time is the right time." Kevin said.

"How long have you had a crush on her?" asked Rayol.

"Since 7th grade."

"And you ain't felt the way you feel for Aisha for any other girl?"

"Nah... it's just always been Aisha."

"Mm. That's true love right there, n*gga."

"Aye, what about me and Jill?" Quayvon said, passing the to Kevin.

"You and Jill, aight. But, uhh... if Taysom gets Aisha, then I'mma fanboy them more."

After playing one last game of 2 v 2's, Rayol and Kevin left, then Quayvon and Taysom walked back to Quayvon's house. Walking down, they passed by the forest Jahonna was found. They stopped and looked at it for a moment.

"I still can't believe she's gone, man." said Taysom.

"Same. We knew them for too long for this to happen so quickly."

"You know, back in 6th grade, Jahonna told me that me and you felt like brothers to her."

"She was right. Like that time she got into that fight with that girl on the bus. You and I stood up for her when the bus driver was saying that she started the fight."

"Yeah. And like that time McKennezie fought that girl for sh*t talking to my sister."

"Yep, Those two had a lot of energy. No wonder they were considered sisters."

"Ain't never gonna meet anyone like those two, again." Taysom walked up to the forest wall and tossed a quarter.

"Rest in peace, sis." Taysom said, before he and Quayvon continued to walk.

They began approaching Quayvon's house when they saw Jamonte standing outside his house with two other dudes from the gang.

"What the f**k, Jamonte. Why are you standing outside my house?" Quayvon took his hands out his pockets and balled his fist up, because he already knew what time it was.

"N*gga, didn't I tell you this sh*t wasn't over." Jamonte stood up and began walking down the porch steps.

"Okay, but I did. Now get the f**k from off my property."

"What you gonna do if I don't n*gga?"

"I'll beat your a**" The two gang members standing by Javonte walking up with him.

Taysom took Quayvon's side. Jamonte told the other two to stay back. Quayvon got into Jamonte's face. Javonte was about three feet taller than he was, but Quayvon ain't cared. He was gonna stand his ground, no matter what.

"Don't make me beat your a** in front of yo homeboy. You lil b-" Before Javonte could've finished his sentence, Quayvon threw a punch and hit Jamonte right in his jaw. Jamonte kept his balance, then punched Quayvon in the stomach. He then socked the side of Quayvon's face then pushed him on the ground. He started stomping on Quayvon, then Taysom ran up and punched Jamonte in the back of his head. Taysom kepted swinging at Jamonte, that's when the two other gang members ran up and slammed Taysom on the ground.

Quayvon got up from the ground, ran up to Jamonte, picked him up by his legs, and slammed him on the ground. Quayvon was landing hits all over Jamonte's face. Taysom grabbed one of the gang members hood of their hoodie and tossed him to the ground and thumped his jaw with his foot. The other gang member tried to put Taysom in a choke hole, but he quickly got out of it and socked his forehead. The one on the ground got up and ran to the car to get his gun after seeing both of his homies getting beat. He pointed the gun at Quayvon. Taysom saw him on the corner of his eye and exclaimed Quayvon's name.

"QUAYVON!! WATCH OUT!!" The gun went off a little before Quayon ducked down. Taysom ran towards Quayvon. The gang member with the gun, dropped down shaking. He was tased by a police officer. An old lady called the cops after seeing what was going on, when she went outside to water her plants.

"You hit, bro?" Taysom asked, in worry.

"Nah, he missed." Quayvon and Taysom got up from off the ground and told the cops everything. They even told where the trap house was at and some of the cops went there to arrest Dunka and the rest of the gang.