Chapter 4: Trap House

Quayvon was sitting on his porch waiting for Jamonte. When Jamonte arrived Quayvon walked into his car and they drove off.

"So how was school, dawg." said Jamonte.

"It was alright. Nothing special." Quayvon said.

"I don't know why yo a** still going to that bum a** school. Told you if you leave that sh*t behind, I could get you into some real sh*t."

"Yeah, but my moms gonna have a prob-"

"Man f*ck your mom. She could die in toxic for all I care. Wanna be a real gangsta? Then you gotta leave the ones who stopping you. And what's that you're drawing, n*gga."

"It's some character. I was thinking about selling it."

"Nah f*ck that sh*t." Jamonte grabbed his book and tossed it into the back.

"The only sh*t you'll be selling is dope, you got that my n*gga?"

"Yeah, got it."

The look on Quayvon's face showed that he didn't want to give up on his drawing, but he knew that the gang life was going to make him. He had no choice, for him the streets are all he knows. This is why he and Jiliana broke up in the first place.

Jamonte and Quayvon arrived at the trap house. This was Quayvon's first time in the trap house. To him it felt like something new, but at the same time it was something he was already expecting. He turned and saw some of the other gang members getting lap dances from street chicks. Jamonte grabbed Quayvon's head and faced it forward.

"Don't worry, n*gga. You'll get some soon. C'mon this way." said Jamonte, jokingly.

In a different room were gang members smoking weed and packaging up dope. And in another were some loading up guns and counting money. Jamonte and Quayvon finally walked into the room where the meeting was going on.

"Ayo Dunka, we here." said Jamonte.

"N*gga why you bring the kid here?" said Dunka.

"Don't worry, he's cool."

"Alright n*gga. But if his a** rat, it's you and his a**."

"N*gga I said he cool, chill. And if he does, I'mma beat his a**."

"Man, y'all ain't gotta worry bout me. I'm with this sh*t." said Quayvon.

"Yeah, yo a** sounds just like a rat. But okay, since Jamonte says you're cool then I guess you're cool. But if you f*ck up, then you're done. And I mean it in a deathly way." Dunka explained to Quayvon.

During the meeting Dunka explained to Jamont, Quayvon and the other gang members about the drive-by they're planning to do on some Crips. After the meeting Jamonte dropped Quayvon off back to his house.  

"Remember the drive-by is this saturday." Jamonte said.

"Alright. I'll be ready." Quayvon replied.

"Yeah, you better. Cuz  you know what Dunka said. If you f*ck up, it's your a**."

"Yeah, I know. But you ain't gotta worry about that, though. I'm in it, 100."

Jamonte shook Quayvon's hand and drove off. Before Quayvon walked into his house he took off his gang rag, so that his momma wouldn't notice. He saw his mama sleeping on the couch. He went into his room, took off his gang affiliated outfit and placed them inside a bag he had hidden from his mama.