Chapter 8: Boys v Girls Kickball

During 4th period the teacher let the students go outside since the power in the school went out. Taysom, Quayvon and the other boys were playing football. The girls were watching them play.

“Look at these wannabe NFL players.” said Jiliana.

“For real. AYE Y’ALL SUCK!!” yelled  McKennezie as they all started to laugh.

“I know y’all ain’t talking. Y’all couldn’t play football if y’all lives depended on it.” said Rayol.

“Ohh, haha.” the boys laughed.

“We could play any sport better than y’all a**es.” said Aisha.

“Name one and we’ll hit a game. Girls vs Boys.” Quayvon suggested.

“Okay, Kickball.” said Keivana.

“Kickball?” said Taysom.

“Yeah, unless y’all scared.” Jiliana teased.

“Oh nah, we're good. C’mon kickball.” said Rayol.

“Okay, first to get 10 home runs wins.” said McKennezie.

“Ight, bet.” the boys said.

“Aye Jahonna, you playing?” asked Aisha.

“Nah I’m good. I’m kinda tired. I’mma just watch.” said Jahonna as she rubbed her back.

“Okay, you can join if you change your mind.”

The boys and the girls created some bases and began to play.

“Aye somebody put some milk on the bleachers. Just in case the girls need it.” said Quayvon as they laughed.

“Keep on talking.” Keivana replied.

Quayvon went and rolled the ball towards Jiliana. Jiliana ran up and kicked it up high in the air.

“I got it!” said Taysom as he ran towards it and threw it to Kevin.

Jiliana was running towards first base when Kevin threw it to her. Jiliana tried to slide into first base, but the ball hit her thighs right before she landed.

“Gotcha a**!” yelled Kevin.

“Boy, I was almost there.” Jiliana remarked.
“It’s okay, Jill. I’ll avenge you.” said McKennezie.

Quayvon rolled the ball towards McKennezie. McKennezie took two steps and swung legs back and kicked the ball with all her strength. The ball flew right pass Rayol's hands.

“Get the ball!” yelled Taysom.

By the time Quayvon grabbed the ball, McKennezie was already crossing 2nd base.

“D*mn she’s fast.” said Kevin.

“Go, go, go!!!!” yelled the girls.

Quayvon tried to tag McKennzie but she juked to the left and continued to run.

“D*mn QUAY. GIVE IT HERE!” said Rayol.
Quayvon passed it to Rayol and threw the ball to McKennezie. She slid towards home run and the ball went right passed her head. She slid into home run and scored.

“YAHHH LESGOOO!!” yelled Jiliana.

“Beginning of the game and already and already scoring home runs.” said McKennezie.

“Oh, Quayvon. How your ankles doing? Remember there's some milk on the bleachers if you need it.” said Keivana as the girls laughed.

“Pfft, as if.”

The students went back to the school building after the kickball game. The girls won 10 to 6. Taysom also took some pictures of the girls and boys for the school’s yearbook.