Chapter 6: Late At Night

Jahonna was brushing her teeth when her daddy called her in his room.

“Yes sir?

“Why do you have instagram on your phone?” he asked.

“I was following the school’s instagram, so that I can be up to date with school announcements.” she said.

“I see that, but what is this?”

“What is what?”

“YOU GOT D*MN KNOW WHAT THIS IS!”
Her daddy went into his closet and grabbed a whip. Jahonna dropped her toothbrush as she quickly ran out of the room. She tried to go down stairs, but her daddy clipped her up and she fell down. She tried to get back up and run out of the door, but he grabbed her by her braids and swung her back in. He closed and locked the door and tossed Jahonna on the couch. He then walked over to her and punched her in the stomach.

“DADDY, PLEASE STOP!! I’M SORRY!!”Jahonna said, begging and crying.

He started throwing more punches at her. Jahonna held up her arms trying to block the hits, but his fist was too fast. His fist started banging up against her arms, torso, and mouth. He ripped off her shirt and started to whoop her all across her body with his whip. She cried and screamed louder every time the whip slashed across her body. He then grabbed her by the legs and dragged her across the floor to the basement. He tossed her inside and locked the door. Jahonna laid down balled up in the middle of the floor and cried for hours. It was until 4:55 when she stopped crying and went to sleep.