Chapter 35: California Cascades

Today is the day that all tenth graders get to take a flight to California and stay for two full weeks. The state tests are over and after two weeks in Cali, there will be only one week left till it's out of school.

Keivana and Francisco were walking to school because they got a notification that the bus broke down. There was a bus coming to pick them up, but Keivana hated riding on other buses.

"We should've taken the bus, Keivana. We don't wanna be late."

"We're not the school ain't that far."

"Couldn't we ride your bike."

"The school doesn't have bike locks."

On the bus though, Aisha, Jiliana, Taysom, and Quayvon had to squeeze on the packed buses. Jiliana and Aisha couldn't even sit together like they usually would. And that wasn't the worst thing. The bus air conditioner was broken and the windows weren't able to open. They thought, if this was the case they might as well have walked with Keivana and Francisco to school.

"Godd*mn it's so hot in here." Jiliana texted Aisha.

"Make you feel like you got asma, lol." Aisha replied. And when they thought nothing could get worse, somebody just had to fart. And boy was everyone mad-pissed off matches the situation more.

"Bro, what the f**k!" Quayvon said.

Eventually, they got to the school and everyone rushed out of the bus.

"Okay, Aisha, no hugging me no more. I think I've just been diagnosed with claustrophobia." said Jiliana, fanning herself with her shirt.

"Pfft, you're telling me."

A corner away from the school, Keivana spotted Francisco pulling out a vape.

"How's that?" Keivana said.

"How's what?"

"The vape."

"Oh, it's cool, I guess... it helps with- nevermind."

"Helps with what?"

"Nothing, you don't need to know."

Francisco placed the vape inside of her pocket, before they got up to the school. As they got near the school door they saw Mr. Fischer throwing away his thrill cup.

"Oh, Keivana, long time no see." Mr. Fischer said.

"Hey." Keivana said with a little bit of sass in her voice, because usually they would make fun of her.

"Who's her?" asked Mr. Fraizer, referring to Francisco.

"I'm Franchesca."

"Nice. Welp, I gotta go. Some kid sh*tted up himself." Mr. Fischer threw his toothpick in the trash before walking away.

Keivana and Francisco walked to the cafeteria for breakfast.

"Y'all got y'all stuff?" Taysom asked.

"Already know." Jiliana responded. "I can't believe I'm going back to Cali."

"I've never been to California." said Keivana.

"Ever since that disaster movie with The Rock, I've always been scared to go there." mentioned Aisha.

"Then why are you going?" Quayvon asked, confusingly.

"Gotta face your fears somehow, right?"

"Until, a big a** unordinary size wave starts racing towards us." Taysom teased.

"Don't do that."

"I'm also happy that we're flying on a plane." Jiliana mentioned.

"Wait, we're taking a plane?" Francisco said a little worried.

Jayst's The Yearbookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें