-6-

I jogged up the metal staircase of one of the many apartment blocks in my hometown. Callum and Jackson live in this particular one.

Their parents had a messy, tragic divorce that landed their abusive, druggie mother in prison and their alcoholic father in the grave. Jackson was old enough to take in Callum when it happened, but he didn't have enough money to support them both. Callum had then come to live with me for a couple years until his brother became more financially stable.

Jackson is the breadwinner of the Rider brothers, but my grandma and I help out whenever money is a little short for water and electricity. I happily cook for them when the budget is tight for food, too. Every couple of weeks, I stay overnight once or twice to check in on Jackson and spend some time with the brothers together.

I knocked on the fourth door down the hallway from the stairs and waited patiently. I heard several thumps and a crash, making me wince. I probably had to clean again and that became clear as the door swung open to reveal a tall, muscular man with a mocha-brown skin tone and greenish brown eyes. I could see the mess in the background.

"Look, I told you to stop bother—oh shit, Teddy!" exclaimed Jackson, grabbing me into a tight hug as he hauled me inside and shut the door behind us. "I missed you!"

I laughed and hugged his waist. "I missed you too, Jack. How's it going?"

He hummed, nosing my white-blond hair. "It's going pretty well, I think. My boss said I'd get a raise soon, so I'm looking forward to it. What about you?"

"I'm really happy to hear that, Jack." I said softly, rubbing my cheek on his chest. "I'm doing well. I've got a really persistent guy on my ass, though. He wants to challenge me so much."

Jackson barked a laugh. "Wow? Holy shit. What a sore loser."

"And he likes it that way." I blurted, and Jackson chuckled.

"Oh, I get it now. Callum and I were always wondering when you'd attract that kind of guy."

I sighed and hugged him tighter. "He won't go away. And if I beat him up, he'd only want more. I could call the cops, but he hasn't done anything wrong."

"Sounds tough," he murmured. "Anyway, what should we do first? Kisses and cuddle time or cleaning?"

I craned my neck to gaze around his broad chest and big biceps. "I'm sure you know which one I'd choose, Jack."

He chuckled. "Sure as can be."

"I'll start in the kitchen. How about you grab the recyclables and put them in a garbage bag for me?"

Jackson's grip tightened and his fingers slipped up my sides. I shivered and tilted my head back to look up at him. His dark, greenish brown eyes sparkled with desire on his face. He curled down, but I turned my head and kissed his cheek.

"Wait until we finish cleaning, Jackson, otherwise nothing will get done. Remember?"

He snickered. "I remember."

I pressed my cheek to his chest again, rubbing his back. Jackson hummed and kissed my head. "I don't want to let go of you. It's been two weeks since the last time."

I smiled and chuckled. "I know. I want it, too. But we need to get this filthy-ass apartment clean as a whistle before we do anything."

"I know." He groaned, then forced himself to let go. "Ugh, I just want to kiss you senseless right now. How soft is your ass?"

"Soft. Callum fucked me twice today."

"Shit, even on campus?"

"Yeah, the bathroom seems to be his favorite place for quickies. He likes teasing the underclassmen."