-56-

I knocked on the partially open door of Corbin's room and waited patiently for some kind of permission to enter.

It had been fairly easy to find Corbin's room after Basile gave me instructions. Corbin lived with his parents and siblings in a building connected to the compound, so there was some separation and privacy that I didn't have at my home.

"Who is it?" asked Corbin, his grumpy tone making me smile.

"A teddy bear has found his way to a certain boy's room to keep him company." I stated, and the thumps of Corbin's feet on hardwood made me laugh as the door swung open.

Corbin's hazel eyes sparkled. "Teddy!"

"Yep, here I am." I grinned, then ruffled his dark hair. "I'm sorry, Corbin."

He shook his head and smiled. "I'm sorry, too."

"There's nothing to be sorry about." I replied with a chuckle, leaning on the doorway. "I said something that made you upset."

Corbin sighed, then rubbed the back of his neck. "I shouldn't have shouted and ran off like that. You must've been surprised."

"I expected it." I murmured, then looked inside his room.

From what I could see, it was spacious and simply decorated, although sport posters and anime-related items were scattered around the blue-walled room. Corbin noticed my line of sight and had a panicked expression as he raised his hands to block my gaze.

"What's wrong?" I asked, lightly grasping his wrists.

Corbin shook his head. "Don't look."

"Okay," I agreed, letting him cover my eyes. "Now, I hope you can forgive me."

"Wait," he started, so I just quietly breathed while waiting for him to continue. "You're really not bothered by it?"

"By what?"

"The anime stuff."

I snorted with a soft laugh. "No, of course not. Occasionally, some of my family members agree on a cosplay outfit of a specific anime girl for me. My papa then buys the custom pieces—intricate as they often are—and I wear the ensemble for a day."

His eyes widened. "You cosplay?"

"Kind of. I don't change my hair or eye color, but I wear the clothes. Your eldest brother has pictures of me if you want to take a look."

Corbin lowered his hands from my face. He grinned. "Won't he be too jealous?"

I snickered. "Yeah, but I have my ways."

Corbin rubbed his face, so I had a feeling he was blushing as he allowed me to enter his room. He then asked, "Do you ever cosplay with male outfits?"

"No, not yet. Why do you ask?"

Corbin shyly rubbed the back of his neck. "I made something for you."

He went to his closet and pulled out a hanger from way in the back, then the full outfit appeared. Corbin shyly gave it to me.

"Aimé looked ready to kill me when I asked for your three sizes."

I blushed a bit but laughed aloud. "I'm sorry, but thank you. This is stunning."

I held up the heavy hanger and the three-piece outfit was black and gray with gold accents. There were pants, a top, and a suit jacket.

"How long did this all take you? It looks professional!" I exclaimed, stroking my fingers over each individual piece. Each clothing item was well-made and nothing felt cheap. "If you started a business, you'd likely make a lot of money."