-27-

"I'm sorry you had to come to a job with us, Teddy."

I raised an eyebrow as I tugged my leather gloves into place. "Don't worry about it, Caleb. You're one man short with André still healing."

Caleb smiled weakly. "It's not going to be pretty."

"I don't expect it to be."

Westley grinned and looped an arm around my shoulders. "Personally, this is exciting. I mean, come on, our boss' boy is a badass."

I elbowed him with a chuckle on my lips. "Shut it."

"S'true, ya know?" Derrion smirked. "You've been training us."

"That's true." I hummed, then leaned into Westley for a moment. "Okay, Wes, run down the situation for me again."

Westley ruffled my hair. "An old dude hasn't made payments in six months. We were told to rough him up a bit and take the best valuables to make profit."

"And this bastard has been going around touching school boys, so we need to rough 'im up a bit more." growled Derrion, and I had a weird feeling in my gut from his statement.

"How'd you learn that?"

Caleb chuckled. "Informants."

I hummed, cracking my knuckles. "All right, you did give the warning. Let's go in."

My black hoodie was obscuring my face and hair, and my sunglasses did the same with my eyes. We were in a more secluded area of suburbia in my hometown, so no one other than the homeowner was aware we were here. The house was a clean, pastel blue hue with white trim and a nice front porch, a trimmed lawn, and a nice garden behind a chain link fence.

Because the gate had been secured with a padlock, I hopped up and swung my legs over it with ease. The others hopped over the fence, their steel-toed boots landing heavily on the grass. I watched the curtains move, so I knew the old man was home. The stairs up to the porch creaked, then Caleb banged on the door.

"Open up, Jones! You owe your dues!"

Dead silence greeted us. I wasn't surprised.

"If you can't open your door in ten seconds, we will bash it down!"

I chuckled and moved Caleb aside as I removed my sunglasses and pushed off my hood. I'm pretty sure I know who this "Jones" man is on a personal level. Time to have some fun.

"Sir," I started in a familiarly sweet tone. "I'm here, too."

We heard a clatter inside and Caleb's eyebrows shot up. He mouthed his question, but I shook my head. I tapped the side of my pointer finger to my lips, so Caleb subtly dipped his head.

"Don't you remember me, sir?" I asked, nearly purring through the door. "I was taken for training to be used in deals."

And that was obviously bullshit to our group, but the debtor on the other side of the door didn't seem to realize it. He rushed for the front door, slamming himself against it. Derrion stiffened behind me.

"Th-Theodore, you're alive?" he croaked. "You're not dead?"

"No, sir. I am very much alive."

"Are you okay? Can you escape?" he quietly asked.

I moved my finger in a circle at Caleb, so he got the hint to continue to play the mind game I was creating. He lightly grabbed me and I made a rather realistic noise of pain, which made Caleb eye me with concern. I gave him a thumbs up.

"Are you sure you wanna talk like that, bitch?" sneered Caleb. "He's ours to control. You want him? Give us the money."

Westley had to erase his shocked expression as clunks and clicks from locks on the door echoed. The older man behind the door paused.