-13-

I adjusted my semi-formal jacket and tugged at the collar of my soft shirt. My father was sipping from a small glass of red wine while I nervously fidgeted and milled around.

"Relax, my little bear. There is nothing to be worried about."

I turned to look at him with a frantic expression. "What if I get out of control, Papa?"

He chuckled. "Come here."

My feet carried me to his chair as he set the wine glass on the side table. He tugged my body into his lap and held me there, gently kissing my temple. I relaxed and curled into him.

"There, all calm now."

"Only because I know I won't cause any problems in your arms, Papa."

He smiled. "That is true. However, trust in me a bit more when I say that all will be well."

I sighed and tilted my head back to look into his face. "I will try to relax a bit more, Papa, because I do trust you. I just don't trust myself. I'm a violent person when attacked."

"But when you aren't attacked, you are my little teddy bear that is ever so cuddly."

I beamed. "Yes, Papa."

A knock on the door alerted us. "Sir, it's time."

I sighed, then cupped my father's left cheek and kissed his right one. He was surprised but pleased as I got up off his lap. I straightened my clothing and retrieved my father's suit jacket. I held it up for him, so he slid one arm in and turned to slide the other inside the jacket. His dark gray (almost black) suit made him look even more handsome. His golden-brown eyes gleamed at me while he fixed his tie.

"My little bear, you look very cute all dolled up."

I blushed. "Y-you did pick these out for me, Papa. You even helped me do my hair."

"I know." He chuckled again. "You are always very adorable, though."

My face grew hot as he went to the door and opened it. Trent stood there in a suit as well. He looked quite handsome, but my father was much more so. Aimé was beautiful and sexy, though.

Wait, why am I thinking about him? I should forget about that guy.

But I can't exactly forget everyone that I love and care about. That includes Callum, Jackson, Grandma, the tenants in the apartment, and even the complete weirdo named Aimé.

"Come along, Theodore."

My head snapped up. "Yes, sir."

I took his offered hand and he shut our hotel room's door after us. My father smiled at me, happiness rising in his beautiful golden-brown eyes.

"My son, you are mine." he whispered, and I squeezed his hand in response with a happy grin.

"Yes, as you are mine; my papa."

We walked to the elevator and rode it down to the lobby with Trent. There were tourists and vacationers, but our trio was headed for the grand ballroom that was booked for this meeting of the four families.

According to my father, the beautiful hotel was owned by the Royal Hydra Family. It looked like it belonged in an old painting, so I was quite impressed. Everything was sparkling clean and in shades of ivory and gold. There were even crystal chandeliers that looked larger and heavier than a brown bear up on the arched ceilings.

"It is quite impressive," remarked my father, his hard-edged expression easing back into a more natural one.

"Yes, Papa. I have never seen anything like it. But I have to say your eyes are far more entrancing."