-92-

"Rayiys, do you want me to make a good impression?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you capable of that?"

Aimé pouted. "No," he whined. "I just want to be myself."

I grinned, leaning over to kiss his cheek before replying, "Good! I wouldn't have it any other way, my cute man."

Aimé's lips curled up at the stop sign, snagging a quick peck before he pulled forward and turned right to get to my grandparents' house. As usual, my fiancé had chosen to drive because he loves to do things for me. Besides, the route wasn't long enough for a shift change from my home.

I smiled to myself and eyed my ring, then lifted my hand and kissed the metal band with a happy smile. Suddenly, Aimé's growl filled the air and I looked up to see him clenching the steering wheel. His whole body was tense.

"Aimé? What's wrong?"

"I'm fucking envious of the ring I gave you."

I burst into laughter and my man relaxed enough to chuckle. As he pulled into the correct driveway with my guidance, I took my chance to peck his right cheek again. Aimé relaxed a little as he turned off the engine and, before the chill could settle into the warm car, my man rushed over to the passenger side to gather me into his arms.

My soft giggles made him coo and kiss my face. I snuggled into his warm embrace and hugged him tightly. Aimé's chest began vibrating from his pleased purrs, so I rested my chin there to look at his handsome face. He grinned at me, then curled down and pecked my lips.

"Shall we go in, love?" I asked in his right ear, feeling him shiver from my breath.

"I don't want to let go of you, but okay." he mumbled, tugging my scarf away from my neck to nip it. "You look so adorable bundled up."

I laughed again. "Thank you, my cute man. You look very handsome in your bundled state today."

Aimé kissed my face, then took my hand as I led him to the front door. Before I could knock, the door swung open and I saw my grandma right away as a tiny dog came barreling out.

"No, Sprinkles!" exclaimed a voice I didn't recognize from behind my grandma.

It was higher than I'm used to hearing. Maybe a lower tenor?

I reached down and scooped up the wriggling pooch, which relaxed after I started petting it. Aimé was glaring daggers at the dog almost instantly, but I calmed him down a bit with a peck to his lips.

"Nice catch, Theodore. Come on in!" exclaimed Grandma Adele, then looked at Aimé. "And you must be Theodore's fiancé."

Aimé straightened immediately, so my grandma had to crane her neck a bit to see my tall man properly. I was used to it at this point, but my neck was already quite strong before I met him.

While in my thoughts, Aimé had shaken my grandma's hand and then guided me inside. He kissed my cheek, which made me smile and return it. I pulled off my tuque and Aimè's hands immediately found my hair to push it all back into place. Sprinkles, the small brown and white terrier mix, was calmly resting his head on my left shoulder in the meantime.

Grandma chuckled and turned around, but I flinched when I saw the real Dion. Aimé stiffened and gazed at the equally tall man next to him, but my uncle was much slimmer.

Even so, Éloy in disguise as Dion had been a near perfect match. My uncle had longer auburn hair and green-hazel eyes like Grandpa Lugh. And it made sense to me as to why Éloy hadn't spoken to anyone but me while in disguise. His voice was quite a bit lower in comparison to Dion's own.