-53-

"Aimé," I began, squeezing his hand.

His attention was already on me, but his arms curled around my hips and waist. "Yes, Rayiys?"

"I'm a bit nervous."

Aimé curled down and nuzzled my cheek, then firmly kissed it. "I know, Theo. But it's okay. Just be who you are and everyone will like you for it. But if anyone likes you more than platonically, I will be sure to get rid of them."

"That's your family!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

"But you're mine, Rayiys Theo. All mine. No one can have you but me." he growled, his brown-hazel eyes dark with anger.

I calmed him down with a peck to his lips. "I know, Aimé. We're going to own a small house and adopt a bunch of teddy bears, aren't we?"

He beamed at me. "Yes! And you can wear whatever you want—or nothing at all—and I can have you all to myself for very long periods."

I giggled and pressed my cheek to his chest. "I love you, Aimé."

"I love you too, Rayiys Theo. I love you so much."

Anta poked her head into the hallway with a grin. "Ready, boys?"

I took a deep breath in and let it out, then sighed with relief as Aimé began to suck and bite at my neck. I tilted my head and hugged my man tighter, then felt his hot breath on my shoulder as his teeth pressed down. I nosed his warm skin, delighting in his wonderful scent.

"Aimé," I swallowed thickly, then kissed his neck. I nibbled on the column of his throat. "Let's go, okay?"

He growled. "No."

"Aimé, your mother—!"

"Ignore her."

"I won't, and I don't want to be late."

Aimé refused to move, so I had to play my hand. "I won't step on your crotch or kick it if you don't let me be introduced to your family."

He shuddered and hugged me tighter, then drew back and kissed me firmly. He palmed himself and bit his lip with an expression of pleasure, so I grinned and locked our fingers together with Aimé's free hand.

I turned to Anta and she was smirking gleefully at me. "I would like to see how you treat my eldest son sometime in the future, Theodore."

I blushed. "R-really?"

"In fact, I would love to see a demonstration of your strength and prowess with Aimé and the rest of the family, then my son can show off his skills to you if he's not too badly beaten."

Aimé perked up. "Please? Please, Rayiys?"

I chuckled and tugged him down, then hopped the rest of the way to plant a loss on his cheek. "All right, my beloved Aimé. You're too cute."

He blushed but kissed my cheek. "If I'm 'too cute' in your eyes, then you're 'out of this world adorable' in mine."

My face warmed up and I thanked him with a soft peck to his lips. I turned back to Anta and agreed to her suggestion. With a smirk on her lips, she led us inside a huge hall where it seemed like several hundred people had gathered. Like the Black Vipers, not all of the members were in one spot. Sometimes they were stationed in controlled states to keep an eye on the other families below ours. That's probably what's happening here.

Aimé straightened when he noticed all of the eyes on us, but he tightened his grip on my hand as the judgmental stares came into focus. It was almost comical, honestly, because I could see what they were thinking. Anta tapped the microphone and smirked when some people in the front winced.