-64-

"Theodore!" exclaimed Papa, rushing into the workshop with Dad and Trent.

I tried not to leap towards them since one of the Golden Cobras' metalsmiths was currently removing my bindings. Some time ago, Aimé had been freed and taken to the nurse's office by several guys to make sure their young master was okay. Aimé did not want to leave me, but I reassured him that I would be fine with a few deep, possessive kisses that made his group members blush.

"Papa, Dad, Trent," I greeted with a big smile. "I missed you!"

Papa's fists clenched when he saw the extent of my injuries. Bruises were stark against my pale skin and the crisscrossing scars wrapped around my torso. My nipples were slightly crusty with blood, too. I wasn't in great shape, but I was alive.

Dad looked utterly horrified and heartbroken at my appearance and Trent looked so pissed off. Papa was livid, but he didn't show it.

"It's all right, I like scars." I said with a grin. "Besides, in a way, I got to know my Aimé a lot more."

As the final shackle fell and the chains hit the floor, Papa carefully made his way over to me and took my hands. He gently lifted my knuckles to his lips and kissed them, then sat down on the bench and hugged my head to his chest. Tears welled up and my bottom lip trembled. Papa held me tightly while I clutched onto him and cried. I didn't need to stay strong anymore.

Dad hurried over and gently stroked my head, pressing a kiss to my exposed cheek. "Theodore," he whispered, and I peeked at him through my wet eyelashes.

"D-Dad..." I croaked, so he took a seat next to me.

"Ssh, it's okay now, Theodore. You did well, son." he reassured me, curling one arm around my waist.

I nodded and reached for his hand with my right one, since my left was held tightly by my papa. Trent leaned on the wall near us with a stony-faced expression while the woman scuttled out of the workshop.

When I was mostly calm, I noticed an intense gaze on my right cheek. I nosed my papa's jawline as I looked at the doorway. Aimé was standing there with his face partially covered by shadow. The gleam in his eyes was cold and hard yet blazing with fury. And it was obvious that he was thinking about Éloy and our stay in captivity.

"Aimé, it's not your fault." I said softly. "You were hurt by him, too."

Aimé clenched his jaw. "I was too weak."

"Stop it!" I growled, and he bit his lip. "Come here, Aimé."

He slowly walked forward and knelt between my thighs. He pressed his cheek to my scarred skin and shuddered with a soft sob. Dad released my right hand so I could place it on my lover's head.

"Aimé, we were both foolish. You are not allowed to take all the blame. That's my burden to bear as well."

Aimé hugged me tighter. "I should've been stronger."

"You were strong, my lovely Aimé. I was amazed by your strength to even sit near him."

My man tilted his head back as I buried my hand in his hair. His reddened brown-hazel eyes were dark as he stared into my teary bright silver eyes. Aimé turned his head and kissed my wrist, then licked it. Dad was a bit uncomfortable, but he kept hugging me while Aimé continued to lick my skin. My grip tightened in his hair and his skin flushed with warmth as he looked up into my face.

"He touched you," he said in a whisper, his eyes hardening. "I can't forgive myself for losing control and letting him do that to you."

I snorted. "C'mon, Aimé, it should have been obvious that when I walked in with that bastard over my shoulder that I had been capable of taking him out all that time. You should be blaming me for letting that happen to myself despite being yours."