Chapter 2 Jack and Jason

"Have a seat."  Jason said as they walked into the kitchen.

Jack sat at the table and a with a look of concern said "What is going on?"

Jason gave his son an awkward look as he said "There is something I have to tell you." He then let out a sigh as he tried to figure out how. How do you explain to your fifteen year old son that you had a affair with another woman which produced a child the same age as him he thought. I guess just say it. "Sixteen years ago I made mistake, I cheated on your mother..."

"With your ex girlfriend."

His eyes widened. "You know about that."

"Yeah mom and her sisters talked about it all the time. Aunt Anne was sure you were still cheating on her." And they were certain that you were also having sex with over half of your employees he thought but kept that to himself.

Jason shook his head as he said "No it was only the one time." But he knew Anne would never believe that. He could hear her saying once a cheater always a cheater.

He rubbed his hands together and let out a sigh as he said "Her name was Lauren Richards and I just found out that..."

"You guys had a kid didn't you?"

He then blinked in surprise. "How did you know?"

"It's the only reason you would be telling me this."

"True." He said with a smirk.

"Boy or girl." Please not another sister he thought. I don't think I could handle life with another sister.

"Boy." Jason said.

Jack sighed in relief. He just hoped that he got a long with him better than he did his other siblings.

"What's his name?"

Jason rubbed the bridge of his nose as he said "John."

Jack's eyes widened. "Seriously, He has the same name as me."

"Yes."  Jason said.  " Actually he is John Anthony as well."

"That's weird." Jack said. I'm glad that he did not go by Jack too he thought.

"I know."

Something then clicked in his mind.  "Wait a minute John Richards."  Jack said. "That's the kid who liked my video on Facebook.  I thought he was just some friend of Pete's."

"Yeah evidently he found out that Pete was your cousin and sent him a friend request so he could follow you on Facebook."  Jason told him.  "He accidentally liked one of your posts the other day."

Jack tried to wrap his mind around what his father had just told him.  He has a brother.  A brother who has been stalking his facebook profile for who knows how long.  He could no help but feel a creeped out by that.  "Why didn't he just tell me who he was?"

"Would you if you were in his situation?"  Jason asked.

Jack had to think about for a few minutes.  "I guess not."  A quizzical look crossed his face.   "How did you find out about him?"  

"Zach told me."  Jason said.

"Zach told you."  Jack said shocked.  "Zach knew about him?"

"Yes, both and he Jesse."  Jason said. "They saw a picture of him that he was tagged in.  They contacted him thinking that he was a cousin."

"Why didn't they tell me?"  Jack asked.

"Because he asked them not to."  Jason said. "His was nervous about contacting us and was trying to work up the nerve to do so but Zach kind forced his hand tonight."