Chapter Jason and Nicole

Jason walked into the guest parking lot which to the left of the apartment building.  He scanned the parking lot and found the Harrison car quickly. He was walking towards it when his phone began to ring.  He pulled it and look to see was calling. Lauren's name was across the screen.

He was about to answer it when he stopped himself. No this is about Nicole right now he told himself. I'll call her back later.

He shoved the phone in his pocket and began walking across the parking lot when it rang again.  Infernal device he thought with a heavy sigh and pulled it back out.

Jason was about to answer it and tell Lauren he will call her back. But to his surprise it was not her, instead it was Cynthia.

He looked at the phone in bemusement. "Did they plan this?"  He sent the call to voice mail thinking he will let her parents or Turner deal with her.

I guess she decided to get a less expensive phone he thought. Or did Jeremiah get it for her.

Whatever I don't care he thought. I'm not dealing with either of them right now.

He turned the phone and returned it to his pocket.

I might not even turn it back on for the rest of the night he mused.

Jason walked up to the car where Nicole was sitting in the front seat looking at her cell phone as the car ran.  He knocked on the window causing her to jump, she then relaxed when she saw it was him.

Nicole hit the button to lower the window and Jason said "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you."

"Its okay." Nicole said visibly upset.

"How was debate team?"

"It was fine." Nicole said with a lack of enthusiasm in her voice. Debate team may have been but she's not. Something has her upset.

"Mind stepping out so we can talk?" Jason asked.

She cleared her throat as she said "Sure." She opened the door and then stepped out. "I guess you are here to tell me about John."

Surprise filled his face and he said "You know about John?"

"Yeah." Nicole said. "Both Julia and Shelly sent me texts asking me what I thought about my new brother." Julia was the fourteen year old daughter of his sister Daphne and Shelly was the twelve year old daughter of his cousin Jacob through his mom. A cousin he did not personally tell about John which meant the news of John's existence was spreading like wildfire.

Through his side of the family at least. But it won't be long before Cynthia's whole family knows as well.  He was pretty sure that Nicole probably told Iris which meant that Pete knew too.

"Imagine how surprised they were when I told them that I had no idea what they were talking."

"Very surprised." Jason said feeling like a complete and utter heel.

"Not as surprised I was to learn about him." Nicole said.

"I'm sorry Nicole." Jason said. "You were not supposed to find out like that."

"Yeah I figured that is what you were calling me about today." Nicole said. "How long have you known about him."

"Since last night." Jason said.

"Since last night." She said. Her voice was pained and to his surprise he could see tears form in her eyes. "Did you tell Jack last night?"

"Yes."

"Of course you did." Nicole said. "You would never keep something like this from your favorite."

"He's not my favorite."