Chapter 48 Interlude

Jeremiah and Wendy

The limo pulled up outside the Winters residence and the chauffer opened the back door. Wendy stepped out and said to the twenty something year old "I won't be long."

"Yes ma'am." The chauffer said and closed the door. He then slid back into the driver's seat and watched as Wendy walked up to the front door and rang the door.

A few seconds passed and the door was opened by an unshaven Jeremiah who was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.

"Wendy." He said a bit surprised.

"Hello Jeremiah." Wendy said with a look of disdain in her blue eyes.

"Um Cynthia is not here."

"I know." The regal looking woman said.  "May I come in."

"Sure." Jeremiah then stepped aside allowing her entry. The first thing she noticed was the bottles of beer and wind strength through out the living room.  A TV tray sat in front of the couch with a couple of plates on it and a pizza box was on the floor. She mused how housekeeping was not high on their list if priorities. "Excuse the mess."

Wendy did not respond. She then looked at the television and to her dismay a dirty movie played on the screen.

"Let me get that." Jeremiah said as he rushed to the television and turned it off.  His cheeks reddened as he gave her a clumsy smile. "Sorry."

My respect for this lousy excuse of a man continues to dwindle she thought.

"Where is Elizabeth?" Wendy asked.

"I don't know." Jeremiah could tell that she was not happy with that answer. "She comes and goes as she pleases. Cynthia hasn't really been keeping tabs on her since the incident." He said referring to altercation between the two of them.

"I see." Wendy said.

"Cynthia should be back soon."

"Cynthia has been arrested." Wendy announced to his shock.

Jeremiah looked at her floored as he said "Arrested? For what?"

"Child endangerment." Wendy said. "She manipulated Spencer to go after Jack and try to hurt him."

"She did?"

"You didn't know that?" Wendy asked.

"No." He shook his head.

"Well she did." Wendy told him. "And she is going to pay for her actions just like Spencer."

"I'm guessing that you and Sam will not be posting her bail."

"No we won't." Wendy anger flashed in her eyes.  "Nor will be anyone else in our family."  She said. "I have seen to that."

And I can't afford to he thought. And I sincerely doubt anyone on our of the family will be helping.

"I guess I'm going to have to find a new place to stay." Jeremiah said. I have no idea where I am going to go. I guess I'll have to move back in with my parents.

"That is up to Jason." Wendy said. "But if it was my decision you would be out on your ear."

I'm sure I would be he thought.

"But its not my decision so for right now you can stay." Wendy said. "Also it would be good for there to be an adult here for Elizabeth's sake." She then looked at him condescendingly. "Or something that passes for an adult anyway."

Jeremiah let out a small cough.

"When you see her could you let her know about her mother for me please."