Chapter 49 The party ends

Jack

The teens spent over two hours playing card games. During that time Jack noticed that Zach was upset but when asked what was wrong he would reply nothing and forced a fake smile. Jack looked at his cousin with concern but decided not to press the issue. He decided that he would try to talk to him after the party.

He also noticed that Jesse had disappeared after coming down. Samantha sat on a bench for about twenty minutes looking at her phone but then soon left herself.

Once again Jack was curious about what was going on but decided not to ask questions. He just wanted to sit with his friends and family and play fantasy card games without any drama. He already had enough with his mom and Tommy.

He then pushed the thought of the both of them from his mind not wanting them to spoil his day any further.

They were soon joined by Nicole and Casey. John and Zach did little conceal their displeasure over her presence. He could tell that she was nervous herself a state that he had to admit he had never seen her in. Jack graciously thanked her for coming and she sat next to Iris who was at the far end and Casey sat across from them.

Jack looked at his assembled guests and could not help but smile. For the first time in a long time he was at a party where he was enjoying himself. Where he did not have to worry about being beaten, being humiliated, being treated like outcast.

I don't want this moment to end Jack thought.

"You okay Jack?" Heather asked who sat to the right of him. Dylan who sat to his left gave him a look of concern as well.

"Yeah I'm fine." He choked up. "I'm fine." He then looked at his cards and said "Let's play."

The next two hours went by quickly. Jack did not even realize how much time had past until he saw his father enter the aboretum.

"Hey guys." Jason said with a smile. "How is the game going?" The group answered great which he was happy to hear. "I'm glad to hear that." He said. "Unfortunately you parents will be here soon so its time to start packing up." Looks of disappointment crossed their faces but the assembled teens did as they were told.

Jason then placed his hand Zach's shoulder and with a look of sympathy in his eyes said "Let's go up to the apartment so we can talk."

Zach said nothing as he grabbed his game box and walked towards the door with Jason. Jason rubbed his back and he could hear father assure him that everything was going to be okay.

"Did dad find out what happened to him?" John whispered.

"I think so." Jack replied. He wondered if that is why Jesse disappeared earlier. He then wondered how he found out.

"I hope your uncle burns in hell." John said angrily.

He probably will Jack thought. He probably will.

Jack's mind went to Jesse as he wondered what happened to him.

Jesse

Jesse laid on his bed watching a college baseball game. He and his father had gotten home an hour earlier and he was sent to his room. His laptop and gaming console had been removed from his room and he would not be seeing them for two weeks. His cell phone as well.

Also comic con was canceled for him as well.

A knock at his door caused him to sit up in bed. "Come in." The sixteen year old said. The door opened and a petite woman in her mid thirties with light brown hair walked in. "Hey mom." Jesse said awkwardly.

"Hey honey." Pamela Winters said.

"I guess you heard what happened." Jesse said.

"Yes your father called me and told me what happened." Pamela had taken his eleven and seven year old brothers to the movies while they were at Jack's party. "Are you okay?" She said as sat next to him.

"I'm fine." Jesse shrugged. "I knew I was going get grounded when I did it." He then looked at the television and watched as one of the players slid into second base. "I just didn't think dad would ground me for two weeks though.' His dad normally grounded him for a weekend or a week at the most. But two weeks was pretty severe for him.

"Well as a cyber security expert he does take a view of hacking." Pamela said.

"I guess so." Jesse said. "But I'm not sorry that I did it though." He said as he looked at her. "I'm sorry that I upset dad and uncle Jason but it worth it to find out what happened to Zach."

Jesse then thought about the look on Zach's face. The look of anger, betrayal, hate. "Worth it even Zach hates me now."

"Zach does not hate you." Pamela said.

"Dont be so sure."

"I am sure." She said. "He might be upset with you right now but deep down he knows that you didn't do this out of maliciousness but because you care about him."

"Yet I'm still grounded." Jesse said.

"You broke the law honey." His mother said. "And caring about someone is no excuse to break the law."

I don't know if I agree with that he thought but said "Yes ma'am."

"I'm going to go fix dinner." She said as she stood up. "I'll call when it's ready."

"Yes mom."

Jesse laid on his back as she walked to the door. She was about to go out when she turned and said "Jesse."

Jesse sat back up. "Yes mom."

"I just want to say that even though I don't agree with what you did." She said. "I'm glad you did it."

"Thank you."

She then walked out and Jesse laid back down hoping that it would not take Zach too long to forgive him.