Chapter 22 Jack and John

Thirty minutes later the three walked into the apartment. "I got something for you when we went to the comicbook store." Jason said to Jack. He motioned to a bag that sat on the dinning table.

"Thanks." Jack said as he walked over to the table.  He placed his book bag on the table and then pulled a white box from the shopping bag.  The words Asgardian collection were written on the top.

"Awesome." Jack said as he looked at the four statues which were inside. One was the Thor that Jason saw on the poster. It also contained a Sif with green hair, a blonde Loki, and a black wolf named Fenrir.

"I know these are not the statues you lost but I thought they would make good additions to your collection."  Jason said.

"Dad bought me a set too." John said. Which brings my collection up to seven.

"Thanks dad." Jack gave his father a hug.

"You're welcome." He then pulled away.   "I should be back in about an hour." Hopefully not much longer he thought. He needed to be with John crisis or no crisis. "Jack do you have any homework?"

"I just need to study for a Geometry and English lit quiz." Jack answered. "I did most of my homework in study hall." He then saw a look of amusement crossed his father's face. "What?"

"I'm sorry but when I was your age homework was the last thing I did in study hall?" Jason said.

"What did you do?" John said with a look of intense interest.

"Yeah dad what did you do." Jack said playing along.

Jason began to blush.  "Things I would rather you two not know." Things I would spank your bottoms for if you did them.

A memory of him and John's mother sneaking out of study hall to make out behind the school played through his mind. And another time there was no teacher so they did not bother to sneak anywhere much to the dismay of some of their classmates.

John and Jack could not help but laugh.

You laugh now but you both be seriously grossed out if I told you he thought.

"Okay Jack go to your room and go work on your homework."

"Yes sir." Jack said.

"John feel free to use the television or the computer." He said. "Thanks to your brother we have every episode of Paranormal on DVD."

John smiled "I love Paranormal."

"I figured you would." Jason then said "Do me favor don't leave the apartment, don't answer the door for anyone and please be respectful of your brother while he is studying."

"Okay dad." John then said "I mean yes sir."

Jason patted the boy on the head. "Dad is fine champ." The sir thing was something he regretted making Jack say and was working with him to get him use to just calling him dad. "Be good."

"I will."

He then shouted "I'm going Jack, be good buddy."

"Yes sir."

Jason turned and walked to the door. "Dad." John said causing him to turn.

"Yes, champ."

The boy looked extremely uncomfortable as he said "I love you dad." An embarrassed look quickly crossed his face and he looked like he wanted to hide.

Jason smiled broadly. "I love you too buddy."

Jason walked out and felt a stab of guilt over leaving them. He was not comfortable leaving Jack alone after what happened yesterday. Yes John was with him but he could not help but to feel guilty.