Chapter 29 Spenser and Sam

It was six o'clock when dinner was brought to his cell.  His eyes light up when he saw that the young timid prisoner was once again delivering his meal. His anger over his recent  misfortunes evaporated and a predatory smile grew across his face.

"Hello again." Spenser said as he stood

The younger man did not reply.  He sat the tray on the table avoiding his gaze.  A gaze that he knew all too well.

"I didn't catch your name the last time you were here." Spenser said.

The younger man said nothing.

"Now don't be rude." Spencer said in a sister voice.

"Leave him alone."

"Okay, okay." Spencer put his hands up and stepped back.

The guard looked at the younger man and said "Go."

The eighteen pushed the cart and Spencer said "Submissive thing isn't he."

"Eat your food."

"Before you go." Spenser said and took a step forward. "Could you do me a favor."

"A favor." He smirked. "What kind of favor."

"Just a small one."

"What is that?" The guard said curious.

"I was just wondering if when the young man was finished with his work if he could come back here." Spenser said. "To keep me company for just an hour or two."

"I don't think so." The guard replied.

"Well maybe you should think about it." He said as the guard walked out. "And how grateful I will be."  The guard then looked at him. "And how comfortable my gratitude might make you.'

The guard said nothing. He just walked out and closed the door behind him.

Spenser then sat down on his bed and lifted the cover. Just as he expected it was a bottle of water and four slices of bread.

This is inhumane he thought. Cruel and inhumane. There is no way they are feeding this to the other prisoners. They would be having a full scale riot if they were.

No, no they are just doing this to me. But why he wondered. What did I do to recieve such treatment.

His stomach tied in knots as he wondered what they had in store for him next.

I don't want to find out he thought. I have to talk to my father. I have to convince him to get out of here. Tell him what they are doing to me and deliver me from this hell hole.

He has to he thought as he took a bite of bread.  Because if he does not I will not make sure that they all regret leaving me here to rot.

Stuart McKenzie lawyer to Sam Harrison and former lawyer of Spenser Harrison's arrived at the Harrison home after six o'clock.  He was greeted by their butler and then led to the library where he poured him a brandy and told him that Mister Harrison would be with him in a few moments.  Stuart walked around the library admiring the collection of books that his client had.  Some of which were quite rare.  One of which was an original Guttenberg Bible printed on vellum that was kept in a glass case.

He thought how the Bible alone would pay for all three children's schooling.  And there would still be enough for him and his wife to live on quite comfortably.

Stuart then came across the pictures of the Harrison family which adorn the back wall.  Of course the grandkids had prominence.  He knew most of them from the parties that he had and his family had been invited to over the years.  His middle son had become friends with Jack and had been quite vocal about his dislike for how his mother treated him.  He was also happy to hear that Jack had escaped his mother and his sisters.