Chapter 42

After having tea with Aunt Edna Cynthia had decided to pay a visit to her poor incarcerated brother to do see how he was holding up. She was shocked that he was still in prison. She had been sure that their parents would have pulled some strings to deliver their son and get the charges dropped.

But for some reason that she could not comprehend they were content to leave him suffering in prison. Something she found to be cruel and completely aborherrent.

How could they treat their own son like this.

Well I am not going to abandon you Spenser she thought as she drove up to the prison. Our parents may have turned their back on you but I won't.
After all we are family and family sticks together.

Also she wanted to tell him about John.  She was sure that he would find his existence as upsetting as she did.

Cynthia strolled into prison hoping to uplift his spirits and for him to be a shoulder to cry on.  She really needed a sympathetic ear and for some reason Anne and Charlene were not returning her calls. 

Which she found frustrating. She guessed they were both busy but with what she could not imagine. What could be so important they could not spare twenty minutes to listen to her woes.

Well at least I have Spenser.

Or she thought she did.

When she asked to see him she was shocked to discover that he was not allowed to have to any visitors. She asked why and was informed that he was he was not allowed to see any visitors at the moment.

Cynthia explained to them that she was his sister but the Sargent at the desk did not seem to care. She then informed him that she was the daughter of Sam Harrison but he did not appear to be to impressed by that either.

She demanded to see him only to be asked to leave. When she said no she found herself being escorted out and threatened with arrest if she returned.

The first thing she did when she got to her car was to call the family lawyer in order to demand an explanation to what was going on. But much to her frustration he refused to take her calls and then blocked her.

The second thing she did was drive straight to her parents house to get her answes and have Spenser's lousy excuse for a lawyer fired.

Cynthia arrived at the house to find Nicole leaving. She tried to talk to her only for Nicole to give her a death glare and then quick get into a waiting car. 

Rude little brat Cynthia thought as she watched the car drive off. Who does she think she is treating me like that. She is just as bad Jack.

Cynthia then walked up to the door which was locked. She hit the doorbell waited and waited a few seconds and then pressed it three more times.  "Come on come on." Shr said impatiently. Another few seconds passed and she banged on the door as she screamed "Let me in you idiots."

She crossed her arms and pounded her foot against the porch as her frustration continued to grow.

"What is taking them so long?" She sighed heavily. They are just doing this to annoy me she thought.

A few moments later the door then opened revealing a man in his late sixties with short white hair and gray eyes. Winfred Edison had a neutral look across his face as he said "God afternoon Mrs. Winters."

"Took you long enough." Cynthia said as she pushed her way in. "Have you become so senile you forgot how to answer a door."

"No ma'am."

"You know its rude to just keep a guest waiting."

"I'm sorry ma'am I did not mean to offend you..."

"Save it." Cynthia snapped. "I don't have time to listen to your excuses." She then started to walk through the foyer. "Why my parents keep a broken down, incompetent idiot like you around is beyond me." If I had my choice I would have dismissed this old goat years ago. "Where are my parents?"