Chapter 56

Jason sat at the kitchen table watching in amusement as the pictures appeared on their timelines. They started with taking pictures of the dogs and introducing them to their friends. They then took pictures of them holding their dogs standing by a couple of boulders in the park.

Jason took a sip of his coffee as he scrolled down Jack's page. He could not help but smile as he saw the joyful looks plastered across both of their faces. It had been a long time since he had seen Jack so happy. He had a feeling getting the dogs for the boys was a good decision.

He then saw a couple pictures where the two the boys had switched dogs and was posing with them. Good he thought he wanted the boys to bond with both dogs not just the one he specifically got for them.

Heather had congratulated them on the dogs and asked them what their names were. John had named his dog Trixie in honor of his grandparents late dog. Jack decided to call his dog Happy be he was bundle of happiness. Both comments earned them several likes from their friends in a matter of seconds.

He then saw one reply which made him seethe with anger. Tommy had commented on his posts. "They're just dogs dudes stop acting like a complete tards over them."

Jason gritted his teeth as he reread the comment. His hand clenched into a tight fist and he had the the sudden urge to go the boy's house and punch the boy in the face for the disrespectful remark. He then unclenched reminding himself that he was just a fifteen year old boy himself.

He thought how Jack should no longer still be friends with this cretin he thought. He was tempted to log in as his son's account and drop Tommy as ahis friend and block himself. But he decided against that rather allowing it to be Jack's choice.

Pete quickly responded to his comment. "Grow up you whiny little jerk." He had included an angry emoji in his post and his comment received three likes quickly.

A second comment appeared from Nicole "Hey don't take it out on Jack and John because neither dogs nor girls like you."

Jason almost spit out of his coffee but was able to stop himself and swallowed. He then watched as the number of laugh reacts went up to ten in a matter of seconds. A boy named Caleb Matthews then responded with a gif of a bunch of guys jumping around as the word burn appeared across the screen.

Jason wanted to scold his daughter for saying that. Tell her that it was mean and cruel and what he said did not justify her stooping to his level. But he could not bring himself to do it. He tired of people insulting those he cared about and he was proud of Nicole standing up for her brothers.

His phone began to ring. He picked it up and saw it was from Elizabeth. His father had sent him her new number and told him that he had told her to call him. He had not really expected to call thought. "Hello Elizabeth." Jason said. He wondered if she knew about John or not. He had asked his father if he had told her but he said it had slipped his mind. He was not sure how having a new grandson was something that slipped one's mind. I guess now is a good time as any to tell her the good news. "I'm glad you called..."

"Look I'm just calling you because grandad wanted me to call you to tell you that I was okay." Elizabeth said in a extremely annoyed tone. "I'm okay." She said. "There I did it now leave me alone."

She then hung up and once again Jason felt a invisible fist punch him in the gut. Grief began to well up inside of him that he once again pushed back.

He placed the phone on the table as he mused you'd think I would be used to her hatred of me, numb to her rejection of me, immune to her cruelty.

But I guess not. I don't think your child abhoring you is something that any father can ever get over.

Jason then returned his attention to the computer screen wanting to theit short and pleasant conversation from his mind. Though he might be able to cast it from his mind he doubted he would be able to excise the pain from his heart.

He saw that more people had commented Friends and family members rushing to Jack's defense and attacking Tommy. . A few attacking his weight and his looks which he felt was way out of line.

It was one thing to defend but attacking someone's physical appearance no matter how badly they were behaving was out of line. It disappointed him that his twenty year old cousin Thomas was one of the cruelest.

He was about to tell him that he expected better of him when the entire thread disappeared.

What...? He questioned.

Tears streamed down Tommy's cheeks as sat in front of his computer. His comment and the nasty replies were gone. But their insults and jokes continued to sting at him.

"The coward dirty deleted." Pete posted on the thread.

He was about to reply that he was not a coward when the post itself disappeared. Not just the account but Jack's profile was gone.

"He blocked me." Tommy said.

"What did you say honey?" His mother asked as she walked over to him.

"He blocked me." Tommy said as he looked at the screen in disbelief.

"Who blocked you."

"Jack." Tommy said. "He blocked me."

"What does that mean?" She asked confused.

He gave her a look which said seriously. "He dropped me as his friend on Facebook and made it to where I can't see his profile anymore."

"He didn't." She said in shock.

"He did."

She gave him a sympathetic look as she said "Oh honey I'm so sorry." She began to rub his back trying to console him. "I can't believe Jack is treating you like this."

"And that is not the worst part." He said as tears continued to roll down his cheeks.

She lifted his tears stained by his chin and looked into his eyes that held a world devastation and asked "What did he do?"

"I commented on his post that his dogs were cute and the next thing I know his family and friends started calling me fat and ugly."

"I'm so sorry baby." She said as she held him tightly.

"His sister Nicole said that neither girls or dogs liked me."

"That is not true honey." She said as she rubbed the back of his head. "You are a handsome young man and plenty of girls are going to like you." She then looked at him. "So don't you believe a word that she or any those other horrible people say."

"Alright."

"What did Jack say?"

"He did not say anything." Tommy said. "He just let everyone insult me and then blocked."

"I can't believe Jack is treating you like this." She said. "He seemed like such a nice boy."

"He was." Tommy said. "Until his brother came along and then he turned against me." He sniffed. "And now he's turned all our friends against me."

"He is not going to get away with this." She angrily said. "I'm going to call Mrs Starnes and report him for bullying." A look of determination filled her eyes. "And I'm going to get him and his sister and the rest of them expelled."

"They deserve to be." Tommy said. "Especially Jack."

"He will be honey." She said. "I promise."

"And his brother should never be allowed to attend the school." Tommy said.

"The only school the two of them will be attending is reform school when I'm done with them."

Good he thought. That's what he gets for stealing my girlfriend. And Jack for helping him.

"Did you take any pictures of the comments they made about you."

"Yes." He turned to face his computer and went to a folder labeled screen shots. "Here there are." He said as he clicked on an image. Rage filled her eyes as she read the comments. How can they say such awful things she about him. She scrolled up his to his comment where he congratulated then on the dogs. "Print these out so I can send to Mrs. Starnes."

"Yes ma'am." He said as a smile spread across his face.