Chapter 8 T.G.I.F.

Thank goodness its Friday were the words that rang through Jack's mind as he got up that morning.  Excitement filled him as he thought how the party was tomorrow.  It was a nice feeling looking forward to a part instead of being filled with dread over it.  Knowing that chances are this one will not end with me being spanked, beaten, or grounded.  That I could actually relax and have fun with my friends and cousins with no fear.

Its been a long time since I could enjoy a party Jack thought.  I just hope nothing goes wrong.  But it probably will.  That is my lot in life in it.  Nothing ever goes right and everything goes wrong.

Stop it he ordered himself.  Don't think that way.  He could hear his grandmother Cathy telling him to be positive.  Yes, be positive.  You are going to have fun and have a party that will not be associated with a horrible memory.

Zach then stepped out of the bathroom wearing a white shirt and black pants. He was tying a red tie around his neck as he said "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."  Jack said as he buckled his belt.

"You looked deep in thought."

"I was just thinking about the party tomorrow."  Jack said.

The mention of the party brought a smile to Zach. "Looking forward to it."

"Yes."  Jack said as his anxiety over continued to torment him.

"Same here."  Zach said. "Its going to be awesome."  Jack walked over to a chair and picked up a black blazer that had the crest of Masterson Academy on it. 

I pray so Jack thought.  "I just can't believe its going to be Saturday tomorrow."

"I know."  Zach said as he slipped the blazer on.  He then checked himself over in the mirror thinking how he envied his cousins who went to public school.  They were not forced to wear ties all days or hot suit jackets.  They could wear whatever they wanted.  Heck even his cousins who attended a small private Christian school could wear jeans to school.  

I would kill to be able to go school in jeans and a Blue Lightning t-shirt Zach thought.  They are all so lucky.

"Or that its almost been a week since we moved out."  Jack said.

"I know man."  Zach said.  "It seems like it was just yesterday that we were moving out of your mom's house."

"I know."  Jack said.   And its been almost a week since I have got into any trouble. I have managed to go four days without being spanked, put in a corner, or grounded.  I did not think that was even possible.  I was sure I would do something to cause my dad put me over his lap and beat my butt.  

I wonder if I go could go a full week.  Or even month.  Probably not.  No me staying out of that trouble for so long is an astronomical impossibilty.  I am bound to do something stupid its just in my nature to make bad decisions.

"Hey boys."  Jason said.  "All set."

"Yes dad." Jack said as he grabbed his blue blazer from the chair.  His mind then went to John.  He wondered if his father will spank him.  Or will it be like with Elizabeth and Nicole where they got away with murder while he got spanked for everything.

No its not going to be like that Jack thought.  I don't live with my mom any more.  My dad only did that because my mom forced him to.  He would never be unfair by his own choice.  He will treat us equally he thought.

Which would be a refreshing change. 

"Zach why don't you go wait for us in the living room."  Jason said. "We will be along in a second."

"Yes sir."  Zach said.

Zach walked out and Jason closed the door.  "Has he given any clue what happened of what happened between him and Uncle Spencer."

"No."  Jack shook his head. "I tried talking to him about it but he just changes the conversation."

"Which tells me something happened between them." Jason said as he felt a twinge of anger. I wish he would tell me about it.

"You should ask Jesse." Jack said. "If there is anyone he would confide in it would be Jesse." 

"Good idea."  Jason said as he scratched the back of his neck.

Jack then eyed the clock sitting on his dresser. "We should go."

"Hold on."  Jason said as he placed his hand on his shoulder.  "There is something else that we need to talk about."

Of course there is Jack thought as he resisted the urge to sigh.  "Yes sir."

"I was thinking about keeping you home from school again."

I knew that was coming Jack thought. "Can I go to Virginia with you to meet John?"

"No."  Jason said.  "I am going there to talk to his mom, I'm not sure that I will be able to see him." 

"Then I am going to school."  Jack said.

"I don't think that is a good idea Jack."  Jason said. "You went through something pretty traumatic incident yesterday..."

"My life has been one traumatic incident after another for the past three years dad."  Jack said letting out the sigh that he been holding in. "For three years I have gone to school with bruises and welts after being beaten by mom or being tormented by my sisters." Jack then shrugged. "Why should this time be any different."

"Because this time buddy you had to hide in a room fearing for your life from a mad man who wanted to do who knows what to you." Jason placed his hands on his shoulders. "Because you passed out because you were so scared."

"I know." Jack said as he felt the panic return to him. The terror surging through him. "But what are you going to do?" He asked. "Leave me alone while you drive out to Virginia."

"No." Jason said. "Leaving you alone would be a bad idea." The last thing I want is him having a panic attack when he by himself. "I thought you could stay with grandma Cathy for the day or hang out with Eddie."

"I don't want to spend the day with grandma or Eddie." Jack told him. "I just want to go to school and be friends."

"I don't think that is a good idea Jack."

"It is a good idea dad." Jack said as he moved away from him. "You don't get it dad."

"Get what?"

"School is my safe place." Jack said. "Its always been the one place I've had where I knew mom could not hurt me. Where I don't have to worry about being beaten or bullied." He then crossed his arms and leaned against the desk.

Jack then laughed. "Crazy huh."

"Not at all." Jason said. "I get it." He then hugged him and kissed the top of his head. "You can go to school."

"Thank you." Jack said.

"But you will see the counselor."

"Come on dad..."

"Stop." Jason said firmly. "You need to talk someone about what happened. A professional."

"Fine."

"Let's go."

The two walked out and Jack said "How do you think John is doing?"

"I'm not sure." Jason said. "I hope he is okay." And I hope when I pick you up from school that he will be with me.