Chapter 18 At the comic book store

John had expected his father to take him to straight to the condo when they got back to Maryland.  But to his surprise he had pulled into a shopping center where one of was his comic book stores was located.  Not that he was complaining mind. 

"There a couple of people inside I want to introduce you to."  Jason said once they got out of the car.

"Can I get something?"  John asked.

"Of course."  Jason said and his arm around him.

As they walked up Jason noticed a new poster in the window.  It was advertising the new Excellent Eight comic that had come out.  It showed the team of heroes gathered around another tall imposing character with short crew cutted red hair, a red beard, and holding a hammer.  To his surprise the caption read Enter Thor.

That's not the Thor I remember Jason thought.

The two walked into the comic book store and John was taken aback by the size of it. The comic store in his town was a small crowded store with only a third of the collection that is father store had. He thought how a lot of its inventory sat in boxes in their backroom because there was no place to put it on the floor.

An older teen walked over to them and said "Hey Uncle Jason."

"Hey Eddie." Jason said and the two fist bumped. "How is your day going, are you staying out of trouble?"

Eddie smiled as he said "My day is going fine and yes I am staying out of trouble."

"That's good I don't want to have to kick your butt." Jason said jokingly.

Jason wondered which of his dad's siblings Eddie was a son of.

"No you don't have to do that." Eddie said with a small laugh.

"Eddie I would like to introduce you to someone." Jason said as he placed his arm around John. "This is my son John."

"Your son?"  Eddie said confused. "I didn't know you had another son."

"Neither did he until last night."  John said plainly. 

Eddie's confusion deepened and Jason explained who he was to him.  "Oh."  Eddie said. Does Aunt Cynthia know about this?  I can't imagine that she took this bit of news too well. "Nice to meet you John."

"Nice to meet you too Eddie."

Jason then said "Eddie is one of Jack's cousins."

"Jack's cousin?" John said confused. "Not mine."

"No I'm from his mom's side of the family." Eddie said. "But don't worry I'm not one of the crazy ones."

"Yes Eddie is one of the good ones."

"Seventy percent of the time anyway." He said with a bit of embarrassment in his voice. His mind went to his DUI arrest the other night. 

Jason then said "I would say more like ninety percent of the time." Eddie smiled in response. "So is your boss in."

"Yes he in the back I will go get him." Eddie said.

"Thanks." Jason said and Eddie headed into the back. He then turned to John. "Take a look around, see if there is anything you want."

John was almost giddy as he thought there is so much I want. He walked over to the statues and his mouth began to water at the sight of them. I want one of each but doubted that he was father was going to let him walk out with a dozen or so seventy dollar statues.

"Hey Jason." John heard all too familiar voice say.

"Julian, there is someone I like you to meet."

John turned and his eyes widened in shock. "Mister Moore."