Chapter 20 Jack meets John

Nervous anticipation filled Jason has he pulled into the parking lot at the school. This is it he thought. The moment that my boys finally meet. I hope it goes well.

Don't be silly he thought. Of course it is going to go well. They are both good kids. They will be the best of friends I can feel it.

Like you and your brother Jeremiah a voice in the back of his head said.

Shut up he told the voice. No not like me and  Jeremiah. Like Joe and I. Or Jimmy and I.

Which reminds I still have to tell Jimmy he thought. And my other sisters. My sisters will kill me if they hear about John from someone other than me

He then looked at John who was waiting patiently. "So you ready to meet Jack."

"Yeah." He then saw a twitch of nervousness.

"Everything is going to be fine champ." Jason said.

"I'm sure it will be." The fifteen year old said trying to sound confident  but not succeeding to well. The doors to the school then opened and students came pouring out.

"Let's go." He placed his hand on the door handle.

"Wait." Jason said.

Wait? Wait for what John thought.

"Let me talk to your brother first."

"You're killing me dad." John said.

An amused smile crossed Jason's face. "You'll be fine." He then opened the door and stepped out. "Give us a couple of minutes."

"Okay." John said as the door closed. But just a couple. I don't think I can wait much more than that.

Jason walked up to the sidewalk and waited for Jack.  He had also sent Nicole a text to meet him after school so he could tell her about John.  But she had a debate tournament this afternoon at a school in Glen Burnie and that they would be leaving at two.  She said that she would call him once she got back to her grandparents house.

He could not help but feel a bit disappointed over it but understood.  I pray that she takes the news well.  That she will come to love and accept John.  I fear though that she might be as cruel to John as she was to Jack. But more so.  I know that she is trying to change but change is difficult and it is so easy to fall into back into old habits. 

Believe me I know he thought as he Jack coming down the steps with his friend Tommy.  He had to admit that he was a part of him wanted to spank him for the comment that he mad to his mother on Facebook.  He did not like the disrespect he showed her even though she was guilty of much more disrespect towards him.  He was tempted to put his over his lap and give him a severe tanning.  

But he stopped himself.

Just like he stopped himself with John and how he acting towards Lauren.  He did not like his attitude towards her but understood it where it was coming from.  Like he understood why Jack said what he said.  A part of him did not blame them.

He watched as Jack said goodbye to Tommy and then made his way towards him.  I am probably going to spank him in the future. I hope not.  I really do.  But if I have to I pray its over something serious and not trivial.

"Hey dad."  Jack said as he walked over to him.

"Hey buddy."  Jason smiled gently.  

"Where is John?"  He then looked around for him.

"He is waiting in the car for us."  Jason replied. "I wanted to talk to you first."  A look of concern filled his eyes.  "Nothing bad I just want to know how your day went."

"It went fine."  Jack said. "I got an A on Chemistry test."

"Great."  He then fist bumped him.  "How did your session with Mrs. Frenchnick go."

Jack gave him an uncomfortable look. "Fine." Jack said. "It went fine."  He felt a bit embarrassed over his break down. "She wants to see me next week."

Jason nodded approvingly.  Heather and Thea then walked by and Heather gave him a slight wave.  Jack waved clumsily back. 

"Friends of yours?"

"Don't start." Jack begged as his cheeks turned red. One of the girls turned to give him a second look and Jason saw the smile across Jack's face grow.

Elizabeth than walked out of the school hanging on some boy that Jason did not know. The boy looked about seventeen or eighteen and had short black hair and blue eyes. She flashed them a nasty look as they walked down the steps.

Jack quickly looked away and seemed to shrink before.  Jason found himself moving in front of his son shielding him.  Their eyes then met and she scowled at him.  They then walked past and she flipped them off. 

"New boyfriend?"  Jason said as the two walked to a red sports car.

"No."  Jack shook his head stepping to the side of his father. "She has been dating Gabriel for about three months."   As well as several other boys who do not know about each other.

The car revved its engine and then peeled off as Elizabeth flipped them off again.

"Elizabeth showing off her IQ again."  Jack then said and Jason let out a smirk.  "Come on."  He placed his hand on Jack's back and they walked towards the car. 

John and out of the car and Jack said "I can't believe how much looks like you."

"Same here."  Jason said.

Jason kept his hand on Jack's back as they walked up to the car. "Jack this is your brother John, John this is your brother Jack."

"Hey." Jack said.

"Hey." John said.

An awkward moment passed between them as they uncomfortably looked at each other. He feared for a moment that things would not go as well as he hoped.

"You like sundaes?" Jack said.

"I love sundaes." John said with excitement in his voice.

"There is a great sundae place near the school." Jack turned to his dad. "Can we get sundaes?" John looked at him too his eyes pleading with him.

"Yes of course." Jason said.

"Cool." They said in unison.

They walked to the passenger door and then each gave an odd look. Jason began to fear that they were about to have their first fight. He was about to tell them both to sit in the back but Jack then said "You can sit up front."

John put up his hands and said "No man you can sit up front it's okay."

"Are you sure?" Jack said.

"Yeah."

"You can sit up front on the way home." Jack said with a smile.

John nodded in response and said "Okay."

They got into the car and Jason said approvingly "You both are good kids." He started the car as they both said thanks dad.

Please be able to resolve things this easily in the future he thought.