Chapter 15 Announcements

The first thing that Jason did was call his parents to let them know that he was bringing John home.  The boy had spent ten minutes talking to his grandparents and Jason had seen his mood improved dramatically.  His mom was overjoyed at finally getting to talk to her grandson as well.  If she could have reached through the phone at that moment and take him in her arms she would have. His dad was also happy to talk to him as well.

They soon hung up with is mother telling him that he would see him tonight.  Jason was in the midst of thinking who he should call next when John asked "Can I use your phone to get on Facebook?" He looked at him awkwardly unsure if his father was going to enforce his mother's grounding on him or not.  He hoped not.  The grounding was not fair and he did not deserve to have his computer and phone taken away from him. "I want to let know my friends know what is going on." 

"Sure champ." Jason said pulling out his phone and handed it to him.

"Thank you."

"You don't have Facebook on your phone."  John said surprised.  Actually he does not have any social media on his phone.

"I don't have a Facebook account." 

John blinked in surprise. "Really?"

"Yes, really."  Jason said amused. "I have an MySpace one but I have not been on it in years."

MySpace John mouthed.  

John downloaded the app and then logged.  He about twenty or so notifications as well about ten messages.  He looked at the messages to see that top three were from Jesse, Zach, and Jack asking him if he was okay.  He saw a couple from friends and thought he would answer them later.  He then posted a message announcing to his friends that he had  met his dad and that he was going to be staying with with him in Maryland for the summer.  He apologized for not saying goodbye but that it all happened kind of face.  He then went on Instagram and made a post there for his friends that followed him on there.

He was in the midst of reading the comments on the post when a call same through. "You got a call from someone named Belinda."

"That's my sister." He said with a smile. "Well one of my sisters. I have four sisters." John gave him a surprised look. "And three brothers."  He mused how he would not bother calling Jeremiah but that he would call his kids and let them know about John.

"I know."  John said.  "A and a boatload of cousins according to Jesse."

Jason laughed. "Yes you do."   I've  lost count how many nephews and nieces that I have.  

The phone rang again. He hit a button on the steering wheel and said "Hey Belinda."  John placed the phone on the center display and then sunk in his seat.

"Hey Jason I was just wondering how you were doing."

"I am doing well." He said with smile in his voice. "Actually there is something I need to tell you."

"Okay." She said a bit nervous. "Please don't tell me you are getting back together with that witch of an ex wife of yours."

John suppressed the laughter that wanted to burst out. He already liked his aunt.

"No." He winced at the thought.  "Belinda do you remember my ex girlfriend Lauren Richards."

"Are you getting back together with her?" She said with excitement in her voice. "She was a great girl and I always thought you should have married her years ago."

"No."  He said with a slight tremble in his voice.  "We did not get back together."  And that will never happen either.

"I am so sorry to hear that." She said with disappointment  in her voice. "She was such a sweet and kind person. So unlike Cynthia."

"Belinda." He said awkwardly.

"Well it's true." Belinda said unapologetic. "That woman is a monster and marrying her was the  worst decision you ever made."

No cheating on her was the worst decision I ever made Jason thought. Marrying her was the second.  But if I had not made those mistakes I would not have Jack.  And I would not have John.  And I hate to think of life without them.

"Belinda there is someone I want to introduce you to."  He then said "John say hi to your aunt Belinda."

"Hi."

"What?"  She said in shock.

"Belinda this is your nephew John."  Jason said. "Mine and Lauren's son."

A scream of delight came through the speakers causing the two wince in pain. "You have another son."

"Yes."

She then gushed as she welcomed him to the family and told him he was sorry about his mom. "Does Jack know?"

"Jack knows."  Jason said.  "Elizabeth and Nicole however don't."  He then felt a twinge of guilt over not telling Nicole.  Not telling Elizabeth did not bother him as much.  That relationship was beyond repair.  But he needed to tell Nicole.  Once we are finsihed talking to Belinda I will send her a text to call me.

"I bet that John is thrilled to have a brother."

"He is."  Jason said.

 "Have you told mom and dad yet?"

"Yes."  He said.  "I told them when I found out last night."

"I can't wait to meet you John and I know my kids will be happy to meet their new cousin." Belinda said. "Just keep Elizabeth way from him." There was darkness in her voice as she spoke.

Jason shifted in his seat. "I will sis."  I won't let her hurt John like she hurt Jack.

She then spoke with John for a few more minutes where she gave her rather colorful opinion of Cynthia a couple of more times.  John could not help but feel angry at his stepmother and for all that she had put his dad and brother through.  He was glad hat he was not living with her.

Jason looked at his son and let out a small laugh. "So that was your Aunt Belinda."

"I like her." John said. "But she seems very shy with her opinions though. She should really open up more and let people know what she thinks."

Jason could not help but let out a hard laugh. "I think that the two of you are going to get along famously."

He then pulled over to the side of the road and picked up his phone. "I'm texting your sister Nicole to call me."

Jason saw a nervous rippled across John's face. "Isn't she like Elizabeth."

"She was."  Jason said.  "But she seems to be getting better."  At least I hope she is.  He wanted at least one of his daughters back.  He thought that she was probably in class right now but hoped that she would get a chance to call him inbetween breaks.

"So you want to meet another one of your aunts or uncles." Jason said with a smile.

"Yeah." John said with excitement in his voice.

He thought for a few seconds about to who call next. "Let's give my brother Joey a call." He then looked at John and asked "Do you like video games and comics."

"Yes I do." His eyes lit up as he spoke.

He thought then you are going to love to getting to know Joe. "Call Joe." He said to the car. The car rang a few times and Joe soon answered. He introduced Joe to John and let the two talk. He smiled as Joe warmly greeted him and then pulled back onto the road and headed towards Maryland.