Chapter 37 Good morning/Bad morning

Jason walked into the boy's room at seven in the morning to find the two fast asleep.  Jack was wrapped in his blanket laying on his side  John was on his laying on his stomach and kicked off his covers during the night.

He also noticed that John wears socks to bed. Which he found odd but probably was not a big deal.

The two looked so peaceful at that moment he debated if he should let them sleep a little longer. It almost seemed cruel to wake them.

But there was a lot that needed to be done before the party so he need to rouse them out no matter how peaceful they looked.

"Jack." He said to walked over to his bed. He gently shook the boy as he said "Time to get up buddy."

"Ten more minutes." Jack sleepily said and then rolled on his other side.

"Sorry but no." Jason said as he shook him again. "Let's go Jack."

Jack groaned as he slowly began to stir.  He stood up wiping his eyes as Jason said. "We're going out for breakfast meet me in the living room in ten minutes."

"Yes dad."  Jack said with a yawn. He then headed into the bathroom to wash his face.

Jason then walked over to John's bed. He thought how weird it was having two sons to wake up now.  He was so use to waking Jack and then going about to his business. Now he had another one to cruelly pull out of his deep sleep.

"John." He said.   He touched the boy only for him to jump back.  He looked at Jason startled and confused trying to catch his breath.  "Sorry."  Jason said with guilt in his voice. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Its okay." The boy said as he began to calm down.

"Time to get up."  Jason said.

John got up out of bed and Jason asked "Are you sure are you okay?"

"Yeah."  He said.  "I just forgot where I was for a second but I'm fine."  He gave him an embarrassed look.

"How did you sleep?"  Jason asked.

"Great."  John said.  "I spent about the first half house staring up at the ceiling but when I finally fell asleep I slept like a rock."  His stomach then let out a growl.  John held his belly and asked "Is breakfast ready?"

"Actually we are going out to eat."  Jason said. "Meet me in the living in ten minutes."

"Okay."

Jason was walking to the door when an exhausted Jack walked out of the bathroom.  Just how long did he stay up last night Jason questioned.  His eyes screamed I need coffee.   He rubbed the top of his head and told him not to go back to bed.  Jack yawned again and nodded.

"Good morning."  John said as he passed him.

"Morning."  Jack said.   John closed the door to the bathroom as Jack looked at the bed tempted to crawl back in. 

Jason walked out into the living room and checked his phone.  There were no messages from work or Cynthia much to his relief.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly with the stores today and Cynthia would just take her drama elsewhere.

He then sent a text to Nicole wishing her a good morning.   A few seconds later he received a text from her wishing him a good morning and asking how John was doing.  He replied that he was fine not sharing with her that he had gotten himself in trouble last night.  That she did not need to know.

Jason had finished up talking to her when Jack walked into the living room.  He was wearing a pair of gray sweat pants, a black hoodie, and tennis shoes.  His hands were in the hoodie's pockets when he sat on the couch next to him.