I don't bite

— Chapter four —

Felix nervously walks out of the door, holding the plate of cookies in his left hand. He reaches back and closes the door with his right hand, trying not to drop the cookies as he does so. He starts to walk off the porch slowly, rethinking this.

He can't believe how nervous he is. It's only a plate of cookies, to his new neighbor. It's just a friendly gesture to redeem himself, so why is he so nervous? The question runs through his mind as he hits the end of the pathway.

He nervously looks ahead of him— to the neighbors house— the back to his own house. Jisung gives him a thumbs up from the window, making him frown. He does a little hand wave signaling for Felix to walk, so Felix follows as told and begins to walk down the sidewalk.

When he is in front of the neighbors home, he takes one last deep breath to prepare himself. He then begins to walk up the cobblestone pathway, passing all the beautiful landscaping around the front of the house. He scurries up the path with a pit in his stomach.

He steps up the little porch step, and stops in his tracks. He is now facing the door, and all he has to do is ring the doorbell. He takes another deep breath, even though he thought the last one was the final.

All he has to do is press the button, so why is it so hard?

It's just a new neighbor, who is in fact; new. They probably should be more nervous then you are. He puts a hand on his hip as he stares at the doorbell. Just ring it. Just ring it. Just.. ring it?

Oh my god I rang it.

The bell sound of the doorbell echoes through the home, and Felix freezes as he hears it from the porch. He starts to bite his lip as he stands there waiting for someone or something to open the door or come out.

The door starts to open, and Felix flinches at the sound. The widening door reveals a man, a very handsome man. The man he saw before in the driveway. Felix's eyes look the man up and down.

He is wearing a white satin button-up shirt, and a pair of black slacks. The shirt has the first few buttons undone, revealing his collarbones. The shirt also isn't fully buttoned at the bottom, but it's fine because it's tucked into the slacks. He is also wearing a belt, balancing out the whole outfit in a nice way.

He is also very tall. He is definitely taller than Felix, since the said has to look up at him. He has very attractive features, like plump lips and nice eyes. He has medium length black hair as well, which looks really healthy.

The man's eyes follow down to his outfit as well, and then he looks back up at Felix. "Am I not dressed well?" He asks.

He has an accent deep in his voice, but Felix doesn't know quite what accent it is. His voice is also a little deep, with a scratch to it. Maybe it's been a long day, it's a scratch you get after talking or yelling a lot.

His eyes look into Felix's curiously, like they are asking so many questions his mouth isn't. His eyes do a quick look of Felix up and down, and he sort of smiles.

Felix feels a little awkward at the smile. He shakes his head, "No you're just fine. If anything I am not." He chuckles.

The man just continues to smile, but the corner of his mouth starts to move and make it look like he is smirking. "Maybe." He says, then really starts to smirk. "What brings you here?"

Felix awkwardly shows the plate of cookies. "These." He says, to which the man raises a brow.

"I thought I would give you a welcoming gift." Felix says further, feeling like he needs to explain himself a bit better.