Oh here we go

— Chapter 26 —

"It wasn't like I was scared.." Felix says, debating his own words himself as he recalls the day he first saw the father daughter duo. "I was just..."

"Scared?" Hyunjin asks, raising a brow teasingly.

"Afraid."

Hyunjin makes a face. "That's the same exact thing." He squints his eyes, only adding on to the judging look.

Felix makes a mocking face, sticking out his tongue. He rolls his eyes after his little charade is done, and lifts his wine glass up to his lips to take a longer than usual sip of the liquid. They have already had a few glasses of wine, so they decided on switching to champagne.

"I don't get why you got so.. afraid.. it's not like we are intimidating people." Hyunjin chuckles. "I was literally holding a pink sippy–cup in my left hand, and my daughter in my right."

"Yeah– in a suit." Felix says. "You were holding a pink sippy–cup, and your daughter, in your arms... wearing a suit. A rather expensive looking suit, if I might add. If that doesn't intimidate you, then I guess your not a normal guy."

"I am a normal guy." Hyunjin debates.

"'Normal guy's' aren't in their twenties with no debt, nice suits, expensive jewelry, people who do everything for them, and driving expensive cars on a daily." Felix says. "You don't fit in the 'normal guy' category."

"Just because I have money, doesn't make me any less of a normal guy." Hyunjin says. "I work seven to four, I have a family, and I still pay my taxes. I'm just as normal as everybody else in this restaurant."

Felix takes a quick glance around the darkened restaurant, taking in the different faces and features of all the people inside the building. He bites his bottom lip, and looks back to Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin, that guy over there just pulled out a black card." His lips form a straight line.

"Oh."

"What else can I get for you two?" The waitress suddenly appears out of absolutely nowhere. Seeing the look on Felix's face, she quickly starts to speak again. "I saw you looking around, so I figured you may need some assistance. Anything you might need?"

"Oh– hum—" Felix starts to look around the table. "I don't think we need anything else to eat... so maybe— the bill?" He looks up to her with a sweet smile.

"All right." She smiles back. "Who will be paying tonight?"

Felix flicks his eyes to Hyunjin, before he quickly speaks up. "I will." He says, however, his voice isn't the only one that is heard. Hyunjin and him both clashed, his "that will be me" blocking Felix's attempt to beat him to the bill.

The waitress awkwardly smiles, her eyes going between the pair— back and forth. Hyunjin turns to Felix with disbelief, staring a debate on how he should pay, since he is the one to ask him out. Felix completely disagrees, their voices raising a little as they argue.

"Uhm—" She clears her throat, stopping the two males from literally getting physical with each other. "—You know what, I'll just bring the card reader... and the bill." She awkwardly chuckles. "Yeah! Okay. I'll be right back!" She quickly scurries off, not another word said.