Sure

— Chapter 29 —

Felix sits at the unusually large counter, scrolling on his phone as he eats his cereal. Chan was totally right, the house is fully stocked. It even has perfect connection, and that's shocking considering this place is in the middle of nowhere.

He has been able to calm down a bit now, and he finally is forcing himself to eat something. Even though it's something so little, it means a lot in Felix's brain. Although, he could have gone with something more nutritious, but that's not for him to worry about right now.

He still can't take his mind off of this shocker of a home. Where did this even come from? There has never been a conversion about this home, it has never even been mentioned. Why would they keep this place hidden? It's so amazing.

Which, if he thinks about it for just a second longer, might be the reason it wasn't mentioned. Because even Felix is going to admit, he would have asked to stay here. Heck, he would have come up with some kind of stupid plan to stay here.

It's so sad that these are the thoughts he is thinking to try and steady his mind after everything today.

He raises his spoonful of cereal to his mouth, but a little bit of the milk ends up dripping. He stands up abruptly, the chair sliding back and almost faking over from his sudden movements, while he check his clothing.

"Fuck!" He screams out, spinning around.

He immediately pauses, and he is almost instantly filled with that one 'oh fuck' feeling. Staring back at him is Chan and Hyunjin, with Nabi in Hyunjin's arms. Felix sucks in his bottom lip, chewing on the skin as he just turns back around— heading to the paper towel roll.

"This might have been a bad moment.." Chan starts, setting down the keys he is holding as he passes the counter on his way over to Felix. He puts a hand on his back, "Are you okay? Is everything okay?"

The sight makes Hyunjin's blood boil. The hand touching him, the way Chan is leaning closer, the soft voice he is speaking in, it's all so— irritating.

Felix looks at Chan, and blows him off completely. Not even in a nice way, he just moves he body away from him and doesn't reply to his sweet words. Chan sighs, but Hyunjin is smirking in the corner— feeling the exact opposite of what Chan is.

Felix dries his hands and shirt, then turns around, a huge smile spreading on his face as his eyes meet the father and daughter duo. He throws the paper towels he used in the trash, making his way over to the two.

He makes a motion to Hyunjin, that he wants to hold Nabi, and she giggles— basically wiggling out of Hyunjin's arms. Felix takes Nabi into his arms, holding her close as he greets her in a closer way than usual. Just seeing her makes Felix feel so much better, for whatever reason that might be.

Chan and Hyunjin stand back and watch, both feeling different emotions as they watch Felix. Both of their eyes are focused on only him, and it's clear there is some kind of tension.

Chan has had enough at this point. "Well, I'm going to go home." He suddenly speaks up, loud enough for him to catch everyone's attention. "It's almost five, and I have work tomorrow. I might not even get any sleep.. but at least everyone is safe now." He says.

"Oh that reminds me," Felix says. "What exactly is my working situation? I know I am not supposed to leave the house.. so how does that play into me helping on the case?"