Why

— Chapter 37 —

Felix awakes almost immediately, his nightmare leaving him in a state of panic. He feels Nabi stir in her sleep at his sudden movements, causing him to stop all at once.

He looks over to her, a little smile spreading across his face. Her and her comfortable sleeping state makes Felix feel a bit better, for whatever reason that might be. However, he realizes that he is the only one in the bed with her.

Which is odd, because he remembers how eager Hyunjin was when he slipped into bed with Felix last night. Where might Hyunjin be?

He keeps the question on his mind as he slowly starts to pull himself away from Nabi, slipping out of the satin sheets. He has the events from last night on his mind, and he doesn't know how it's going to affect the day.

He tiptoes across the big room, trying not to disturb the quiet atmosphere. The sunrise peeks through the sheer curtains, giving Felix a better idea at what time it might be. He is still drained, in fact it feels like he didn't even get any sleep.

He opens the door slowly, and creeps down the corridor as he makes his way to the stairs. He does the same thing as before, tiptoeing down the stairs. They don't creak one bit, considering how new this house is.

He comes around the corner, entering the living room and kitchen area that he loves so very much. "Hyunjin?" He whispers.

Hyunjin almost jumps at the sudden voice of another, looking behind him with a mug in his hands. He smiles tiredly when he sees Felix, nodding his head. "Hey, Goodmorning."

"What are you doing up so early?" Felix ask, making his way over to Hyunjin. He takes a seat on the barstools at the island, keeping his eyes on Hyunjin as he gets comfortable.

"I didn't sleep." Hyunjin says, his voice deep and groggy.

Felix tilts his head. "Oh, why not?" He fears the answer.

Hyunjin shrugs, his expression staying neural. "I just couldn't get to sleep. My mind was thinking a million thoughts at once." He says honestly, seeing the worry on Felix's face.

"Is it because of anything last night?" Felix asks.

Hyunjin gives him a knowing look. "I think thats a clear answer."

"I guess so," Felix smiles with embarrassment. "But I thought I'd ask before assuming."

Felix has a pit on his stomach as he says that. He knows why he feels that way, but he doesn't want to ask what might stop him from feeling that way just yet. He thought deeply yesterday before he went to sleep about the certain thought that popped into his mind, and with a bad gut feeling, it has been bothering him since then.

"That's thoughtful of you ." Hyunjin smiles a drained smile.

Felix smiles back as well, but he can't hold it much longer. "Actually, that reminds me.." he looks up at Hyunjin with an awkward smile, "Speaking of thoughts, Can I ask you a question?"

"As long as you never ask to ask me a question before asking me the question ever again." Hyunjin says, taking a sip of coffee.

"What?—" Felix says. "You know what, it doesn't even matter. I just.." He pauses, knowing what kind of bullshit he could start. "Um—actually I don't know if I want to ask about it anymore." He nervously starts to blabber and shake it off.