Ducks and a 2019 meme

— Chapter eleven —

Felix has spent the whole day on his sofa.

He never thought a job would make him cry so much. However, it might not just be the job that is making him this sad. It might be the fact he felt honestly betrayed, or the fact that he really has nobody else right now in this situation.

He never would have guessed this would be the outcome of things. Sure, he should have expected it. I mean, how well does he really know everybody who was in that room?

Except he knew one very well. One that has been a major part of his life, one that has been a brother to him for years now. One that he never thought would have done this. One he would have never done this too. That's the one that hurts the most, that's the one he feels betrayed by the most.

Minho has been calling and texting for the past couple of hours, which makes Felix believe he is on his side. He was constantly reaching out, making sure everything was okay. He was acting like somebody died with how he was worried. Eventually, Felix just stopped replying.

He can't really grasp the situation. He might be a tad bit over dramatic, but what's not worth being over dramatic about anyway.

However, it kind of feels silly.

He feels like he should go back to work and apologize for being mean, but who would he be to not accept what he deserves— just like what Minho has been drilling in him.

A doorbell echoes through the home, and Felix feels uneasy at the sound. He isn't ready to see anybody face to face yet, since he hasn't come up with an apology yet. He slowly rises up, starting to make his way over to the door.

He takes a deep breath as his hand rests on the handle, before he slowly opens the door. To his surprise, it isn't anybody who has babied him. It is in fact, a person who makes him feel the opposite way.

"Hyunjin?" He asks, voice a bit shaken from earlier. "What are you doing—"

It hits him that he promised this man a date, and totally forgot. His face drops as he remembers, and he lets out a long sigh. He just disappointed another person, all because he was ignorant. Felix was so excited for this date a couple of hours ago as well.

"Hi. I'm guessing you forgot." Hyunjin says.

He looks really good as well. He looks like he tried to dress up for this date, he looks like he really wants this date. He has a really nice button up on, and he is holding a single rose as he stands in front of Felix.

Felix sighs. "I'm sorry it was a really long— We can still—" He stops talking, and just sighs. "I am so sorry. You probably don't even want to go out with me any more. I probably look and seem so unattractive."

Hyunjin looks down at Felix's outfit, noticing his polar bear pajamas. His eyes rise, and he sees his cat crewneck. His eyes go up even more, and he sees Felix's red puffy eyes, and swollen lips. And even after all of that, he looks beautiful in Hyunjin's eyes.

"Not even close." Hyunjin smiles.

"You might not want to go anywhere anymore—" He pauses, just taking in the words. His lips part, and he develops a little smile on his face. His heart started to beat just a little faster.

"No it is okay," Hyunjin says, following up on Felix's words. "We don't have to go anywhere. In fact, we can stay right here— and just spend time together."

Felix felt his heart jump at Hyunjin's words. After a very long day, he didn't expect something so good to come his way. Something— or someone— so angelic.

He tilted his head just a little, "You sure?" He asked.

Hyunjin nodded. "Positive. I'd do anything or go anywhere to spend time with you today— it doesn't have to be at a fancy restaurant."

Felix smiled extra wide this time, looking down to hide the way his cheeks are also flushing. He looks back up, motioning his head as he opens the door wider for Hyunjin— welcoming him inside.

Hyunjin gives a sly smile, and steps inside. He looks around the home as Felix is closing the door behind him, and he can't help but immediately feel comfortable in Felix's home.

The best word to describe his home would be cozy. It seems like the complete opposite of Hyunjin's home. Just at the first glance, you can tell Felix is a home guy — if that makes sense. It is like he spends a lot of time at home, making this house into his perfect home.

"Where is Nabi today?" Felix comes up behind Hyunjin, almost like he snuck up on him.

"She's with her uncle for tonight." Hyunjin says, then looks over at Felix with what seems to be a hidden smirk. "I was thinking it would be a long night."

Felix squints his eyes for a quick second, trying to interpret that in the most friendly way. Hyunjin looks away with his smug look, and starts to walk into the kitchen— while Felix stays where he is, staring. His cheeks are starting to flush, because he genuinely cannot find a way that sentence can mean something friendly given the circumstances. Isn't it only the first date though?

"This might be awkward to ask.." Hyunjin suddenly starts again, looking back at Felix. "But do you maybe have more comfortable clothes I could change into? I don't want to be all dressed up if we are going to slouch around."

"Slouch around?" Felix asks, entering the kitchen.

Hyunjin gives Felix a knowing look. "You know what I mean." He says, moving his eyes to the opened bottle— or bottleS— of wine.

Felix cringes as he notices the bottles as well, feeling a little embarrassed. He awkwardly chuckles, "That's um—" He tries to think of an excuse, but it isn't easy. "—Uh, Why don't you just go home and change?" He crosses his arms.

Hyunjin rolls his eyes. "There is no fun in that.. and I don't want to leave you."

Felix raises a brow at the sass. "Alright then.. I have something."

Felix pours two glasses of wine, his finest red wine of course. He is waiting for Hyunjin to get done changing into the clothes he lent him, the ones that he isn't going to be so happy about. He finds himself giggling just at the thought of it.

The door opens in the distance, and he raises his head up. He takes one look at the sight to see and immediately bursts into a fit of laughter, almost peeing himself. Hyunjin also starts to laugh, hiding his face in his hands.

He looks like an overgrown child, with his pajama pants that barely fit him. They have ducks on them, who are also, even better, wearing floaties. His crewneck is the best however, since it is literally an old cat meme from 2019. Felix basically picked the biggest and ugliest clothes he had in his closet and forced the poor man to wear them.

"Why.." Hyunjin mutters.

"You look amazing, that's why." Felix says in between his giggles. "Plus, they are the biggest clothes I had."

Hyunjin puts his hands on his hips with a sigh. "I look like my daughter dressed me. Actually, she could probably dress me better."

Felix giggles again. "Yeah okay whatever. Now come drink with me." Felix says, walking back to the kitchen with a little smile.

Hyunjin raises a brow, but follows Felix with a smirk nonetheless.

i wrote this with no dirty intentions but this whole situation lowkey screams 'fuck me'