Hide-a-way

...this chapter is messy.
— Chapter 27 —

The piercing sirens echo throughout the whole entire neighborhood, but Felix cannot even hear them. He keeps his gaze on the ground, where he dropped the head that is no longer there anymore. He chews his nails apart like an anxious child, because that might be all he is. A child, hiding in Hyunjin's safe arms as cops surround his home.

"You didn't see anything, at all?" Minho drills Hyunjin.

"I told you this already." Hyunjin says in a very cocky voice. "We have absolutely nothing to say that you want to hear, so can you please stop drilling us and give us a goddamn moment to breathe?" He keeps Felix close to him.

Minho forms his lips into a straight line, sighing. He raises a dismissive hand, and backs away from the pair. He walks back to his car, jotting down the little bit of information he got. He has been questioning them, or more Hyunjin, since Felix cannot even muster up words, for so long now.

This is the first time he is meeting Felix's new interest, and it's because there was a crime scene at his front door on their date night. Hilarious, right?

He hates to admit it, but he feels something might be a bit wrong in this situation. On the night he has a date with this mysterious man, a body part with the words 'stop trying' carved into the forehead is at his door. He might be drilling the man extra hard, just because he feels off.

"Anything at all?" The voice of Jisung suddenly asks, as he is approaching Minho and tucking his note-pad into his back pocket.

Minho looks up at him, and shakes his head no. "I think I'm going to just leave the two of them alone for the night when it comes to the questioning. They seem really out of it— and I don't want to be any more of a nuisance after everything they just have experienced tonight."

"I think that's a good idea." Jisung says. "The two of them will probably be fucked up for a while. I was, when I saw the Etterson scene. I haven't even seen what went down here yet, and I don't think I want too based off of what I'm getting told happened."

"Yeah, I called in the crew after just hearing the call." Minho says. "Felix seemed so scared.." He looks over to the men, "His voice was shaking, and he was crying worse than I ever have heard him cry. When I got here, he just looked numb. That man, whoever he is, was probably the only thing keeping him sane while he was waiting for us."

His voice falters the more he speaks, watching the couple from afar. Hyunjin has his arms wrapped around Felix, as he holds him closer than he ever has. The officers gave them some blankets, and they have been huddled together ever since as they sit on the back of Jisung's truck.

"His name is Hyunjin, by the way." Jisung says, crossing his arms as his eyes go to the pair. "It might not mean anything, but Felix has been taking to him for a little while now. And he has been talking of him every day, all day long. He was so excited about tonight, it's so sad that this had to happen."

"Hyunjin." Minho repeats. "That's the lover boys name, huh?" He asks.

Jisung hums, but the sound of an engine humming is louder than his own. Jisung and Minho both turn in the direction of the sound, seeing a black truck pulling up, which parks sloppily— and Chan hops out in a hurry.

He looks around at the scene, mostly all the different people. He spots the set of two detectives and he runs up to the pair, with his eye brows furrowed. He crosses his arms, "Why in the world did nobody call me?"