Pitiful

— Chapter 35 —

Felix walks down the hall with carefully steps. The sentence 'there has been another murder' always sends Felix into a state of agony, but that's a natural thing when you're in the line of work. They teach you how to get over that, but Felix never seems to follow along.

Seungmin comes walking up behind him, startling him a little bit. He offers a smile, putting an arm around Felix. "You alright bud?" Seungmin asks with a calm voice.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Felix says. "I don't know why your asking me if I'm okay though, we have other worries at the moment." Felix looks at him, pursing his lips.

Seungmin sighs. "Because I know how this stuff affects you," he says. "It's my job to make sure you guys are okay." He says. He has always had a special spot for Felix, and even though he is younger than the later— he still likes to take care of him.

"Thanks." Felix says simply. "For being there."

Seungmin smiles at the older male, before opening the door for him. They enter the office, where Chan is already mapping everything out, getting ready to present the case. Jisung and Minho are pulling out all the other case files, just incase.

Seungmin walks over to the table and pulls out two chairs, one which he sits in and one in which Felix sits in. Felix gives him a quick smile as a thank you, before turning his attention to Chan.

"Alright, now that we all are here," He starts after clearing his throat, "let's get going."

"This morning," Minho starts, reading the police report. "There was a call from a unknown number, which seems to be a recurring thing in these murders, saying just an address like usual." He says.

"Okay pause," Seungmin says. "Right off the bat, we can tell it's connected to the others, right?" He asks, looking at everybody. Everyone nods their head in agreement, so he goes on.

"But that itself has me questioning.. why?" Seungmin asks. "Why do they keep reporting their own murders?"

"Maybe they want us to find them." Jisung says. "That's literally the only reason I can think of, because why else would you?"

"You're right." Chan says.

"Should I go on?" Minho asks, getting a nod from Chan. "It says that the call was only a few seconds long, just stating an address and a name, which later is revealed to be the victims government name."

"Government name?" Felix asks.

"The victim goes by the nickname 'stealer'." Minho says, "It says that they went to tue given address and found tue victims body dismembered, with all the limbs spread apart." Minho says, getting chills.

"Oh my god." Jisung says.

"The victim was identified as John mason, an American man who came for a job opportunity." Minho says. "However, he didn't end up taking the job and has been staying under a fake name and working with an unknown group."

"So.. a gang?" Jisung asks.

Minho looks up at everybody. "The Yang family."

Everyone in the room falters, and Felix shivers. Chan sighs, looking to the board. "So first it was the Blair family getting murdered by the Yang family, now it's the Yang family getting murdered by the Blair family." He says.