Safe

— Chapter 36 —

Safe.

That's what Hyunjin wants Felix to feel with him.

And as Felix lays in Hyunjin's arms, comfortably cuddled up to him— that's what Hyunjin hopes he feels. He brings a hand up to caress Felix's cheek, smiling at the male. He is like an angel.

He fell asleep a long while ago, considering they have been watching movies all day basically. It's almost midnight now, and Hyunjin just woke up. They have watched countless princess movies, due to Nabi, who is sleeping soundly on Hyunjin's side of the bed.

Hyunjin feels safe right now. They are in a home where he knows nobody can get them, and he has his two favorite people right by his side. He feels completely safe, sitting in the silence.

Jisung brought dinner up for them a couple hours ago, something air-fried since Hyunjin refused to cook. He said that they were going to play a couple games before bed, and that the three were welcome to join at any time.

However, it had been hours now and they still haven't moved from the bed. He heard everybody else come clanking up the stairs, going to bed around ten. Seungmin even came in and wished Nabi a good night, since the two have grown a bond Hyunjin is surprised about.

But regardless, Hyunjin has stayed by Felix's side the whole night. He understood exactly what Felix was feeling, and wanted to help the younger feel better. He hates that this case is killing him, and he hates that he can't do anything about it even more.

He also hates the fact he doesn't know what the two of them are. I mean, with all the things they have don't you'd think they'd have some kind of label on their relationship, but they have nothing.

Hyunjin doesn't know if he allowed to kiss Felix, but he can fuck him at night. He doesn't know if Felix wants to hug him, but he can slip into bed with him at night. He doesn't know if he can call Felix his, but he can call very every other nickname.

He doesn't know, and it's killing him. It's killing him because he wants to have Felix, he wants to be able to kiss and hug and cuddle and call Felix his. But he can't, and it's killing him. And the worst part, is he hopes it's killing Felix too.

He hopes Felix longs for him, he hopes Felix wants to kiss him but hesitates, he hopes Felix sits there and cries because he wants Hyunjin. And he hopes to god that Felix was telling Jisung how much he wants him today, when they met eyes.

But that would make him mean, right? Even though Felix can be mean by not making it obvious on what they are. Hyunjin might even be meaner for not making the call himself, but he has made so many already that he is sick and tired of calling. He wants Felix to do it now— since they say actions do speak louder than words.

Hyunjin let's out a groan. He doesn't like where his mind is going, especially since the younger is still cuddled up into him. He needs to stop thinking so negatively, he's done it since he was a little boy.

He hopes Nabi doesn't turn out like him. He hopes Nabi has a good childhood, the complete opposite of how his was. He wants to make Nabi the happiest little girl on the earth, since he wasn't the happiest little boy. He wants to give her all the love he never got.

Okay, now he really doesn't like where his mind is going. He lets out a long sigh, before he slowly starts to move away from Felix. He starts to sit up, and move away as quietly and slowly as he can. When he is halfway there, he takes a pillow and makes a quick moment, replacing himself with the pillow.

When he is successfully off the bed, he starts to take light and quiet steps towards the door. He reaches the door without waking them up successfully, and slowly turns the nod and opens the door until there is enough space for him to slip through.

He lets out a relived breath when he exits the room completely, and closes the door with the same slow and light movements. After the door is closed, he practically runs down the corridor, and down the stairs.

He has that adrenaline rush when he realizes he made it out without waking them, and it brings him back to his childhood. The days where he slipped out of his room and tiptoed down the stairs to get a snack, it feels like he is doing the same thing now, only twenty years have passed by. And he doesn't have a parent to tiptoe around anymore.

He starts to walk from the front room straight to the kitchen, however when he hears a muffled noise he stops. He is right at the entrance to the kitchen, but he can't bring himself to enter. The noise sounds again, and it is like a cabinet is slamming. He freezes on the spot, just listening.

"Fuck." A voice says, and a cabinet slams again.

"Ow, your hurting me." Another voice says.

Hyunjin's blood runs cold when he hears that. You're hurting me? Who is hurting who? Who is in the house right now? He takes in a deep breath, exhaling quietly. He doesn't know what he is about to witness, but he has to prepare himself for the worst.

The tales another step forward slowly, before he enters the kitchen. "What the hell are—" his words fade away as he stares, and two eyes stare back at him— equally as shocked. "Oh my god." He says quietly, in disbelief.

Jisung is sitting on the counter, pushed against the cabinet— explaining the noise he heard before. His shirt is unbuttoned, exposing his chest, which is covered in purple marks. He is staring at Hyunjin with a guilty look in his eye.

And in front of him, looking equally as guilty, is Minho. He has no shirt on, with just as many purple and red marks on his neck, and his hand is frozen in the process of unbuckling his belt. He immediately takes his hand away from his pants, and backs away from Jisung, who hops off the counter

"Hyunjin—"

"I was just.. I just need a glass of water.."

Hyunjin's voice is shaky from shock, because he didn't expect this. He looks away from them and walks to the fridge, where he grabs a water bottle instead. He doesn't even acknowledge them after that, before he is already leaving the kitchen.

"Hyunjin, wait." Minho sighs.

"I didn't see anything." Hyunjin shakes his head, not looking at the two of them even once. He takes off down the hall, heading to the stairs again. "I'm tired, goodnight." He says.

"Fuck." Minho groans, almost running after him. However, Jisung grabs his arm and pulls him back.

"Don't," he says. "He said he didn't see anything, and I trust him. So let's just.. get back to what we were doing." He says, tracing Minho's bare back. Minho smirks, and turns back around.

Hyunjin doesn't know what to do, so he just looks out the window by the front door. He doesn't want to go upstairs quite yet, considering it took so long to even get down here. He looks behind him quickly, before looking back out the window. He also doesn't want to go back into the kitchen, because of.. them.

He spent so long trying not to wake Felix, and now he has to waste it all because he caught his housemates. However, he doesn't see Felix, who is looking at him from upstairs.
Felix has his own train of thought right now, as he stares down at Hyunjin. He has so many questions running through his mind.

Why is he looking out the window like that?

Why is he looking around him quickly?

Why does he look so nervous?

What is he doing, awake, and alone, at this time of night?

Why does he look so.. suspicious?

Felix hates himself for thinking this way, but as a detective, it is his job. And as a detective, this doesn't look so good right now. Why did Hyunjin try and get him to bed today, and then slip away at night? What is going on?

However, he runs away and slips back inside the room when he sees Hyunjin coming up the stairs. He crawls back into bed, getting into a sleeping position as quickly as he can. The door opens and closes quietly, and after a few seconds Hyunjin slips back into bed.

He wraps his arms around Felix again, smiling contently. However, for the first time, Felix isn't comfortable when Hyunjin holds him. He has certain thoughts about the older right now that could ruin everything.

He doesn't feel safe.