Say more

— Chapter twelve —

Felix grazes the counter with his hand as he goes around it, standing on the opposite side of Hyunjin, who just sat down on the barstools.

"Here you go." He slides the glass of wine over to Hyunjin. "It's a new bottle."

Hyunjin raises a brow, and takes a sip of the red liquid. "Mm." He says. "It's sweet."

Felix softly smiles as he takes a sip of the wine as well. "It is, isn't it?" He says after swallowing. "I am not that into sweet wines."

"Really?" Hyunjin asks. "Me too, I like my wine bitter."

Felix hums. "Are you a big drinker?"

This question is probably one of the most important out of the many questions Felix is going to ask tonight. It is so important because Felix doesn't want to get involved with another alcoholic, he doesn't want to be in yet another bad situation.

Hyunjin shakes his head. "Not anymore, no."

"Anymore?" Felix repeats, basically asking for him to elaborate.

Hyunjin nods. "I used to be, but everything changed after Nabi. I did not want to miss out on things with my daughter because I was a drunk."

Felix can't help but smile at how caring Hyunjin comes off. "She really is your whole world, huh?"

Hyunjin smiles a little himself, nodding his head. "She is. It's her and I against the world." He looks up and Felix. "But we may need another half..."

Felix's cheeks blush a little, and he looks down. "Jeez, you're so bold." He chuckles. "It's only the first date."

"Only the first," Hyunjin says with a smile. "And I'm already planning the third."

Felix's smile grows wider. He giggles a little and looks down to his wine glass. "Well then we better get to know each other really well tonight."

"I'm willing to stay all night if it means I can talk with you." Hyunjin says. "Why do you think Nabi is with her uncle?"

Felix chuckles. "So you are a big family guy? If you trust your brother with her I'd only assume.."

Hyunjin hums. "I am. Family is the most important thing to me, I grew up around a big one."

"Ohh." Felix nods. "That's good to hear."

Hyunjin tilts his head, but chuckles. "What about you?"

"If you're asking if I am a family guy, yes I am." Felix says. "But if you're asking about a big family, no I don't have one."

"Oh really?" Hyunjin asks. "You don't have a family?"

Felix shakes his head. "I only have my dad. My mom passed when I was young, and I never had any siblings." He says. "Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins also are a no, so it's really lonely on holidays."

Hyunjin doesn't smile at the attempt to joke. I'm so sorry Felix." He says. "That must have been hard."

"My mothers passing? One of the hardest things ever." Felix chuckles.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" He asks.

"She got into a crash." Felix says bluntly. "I was really young, like really young."

"That's so sad. How did everything go?" Hyunjin asks, really curious about Felix. He wants to know everything there is to know.

"It was.." He pauses. "It was sad. That's really the only word I can think of. But it was mostly sad because I knew I would never get to know her how a son should know his mother. And that kind of killed me, it caused me to isolate. However, my father swooped in and made everything better."