Who said they were innocent?

this chapter might be messy and a little confusing, i apologize in advance.

— Chapter 21 —

Felix sprays his cologne one last time, before he sets it down on the counter. He exits his bedroom and heads to his front room, patting himself down to check if he has everything that is needed.

After he is convinced he has absolutely everything, he puts on his coat and grabs his bag. He exits the house, stepping out into the cold morning weather. As he is walking down the path, he sees Nabi and Hyunjin from across the street, Nabi getting into a car he is not familiar with.

Felix unlocks his car and the loud beep causes Hyunjin to look over at Felix. When they make eye contact, Hyunjin smiles and waves. Another man, who is a bit shorter than Hyunjin—but has the same dark hair— comes around the car and closes the door for Nabi.

Felix can't see his face, but just based off the whole situation he takes a wild guess that is his brother, and she is going somewhere for Christmas. Realizing he is practically staring at this point, he just smiles and waves back at Hyunjin— before getting into his car and leaving for work.

A knock is heard on the office door, causing Chan to look up.

"Felix!" Chan exclaims as the younger man enters the office. "I've been waiting for you."

Felix chuckles, sitting down in the chair across from Chan and placing a briefcase down in the other chair next to him. "Yeah, traffic was bad because of the ice. It was a nightmare getting to building, I almost just went back home."

Chan chuckles. "Well I am glad you didn't, because I have been dying to hear all about what you have come across."

"I would say 'come across'," Felix debates. "I would more so just say found out."

"Aren't those the same thing?" Minho says, suddenly popping into the room. Minho swears he saw the smile on Chan's face drop the minute he walked in, but he decides not to mention it.

"Minho!" Felix says happily, moving the briefcase out of the chair so the older male can sit down next to him. "I'm happy your here, I was just about to tell Chan some things I have found out."

Minho smiles, sitting down in the chair and setting his mug on Chan's desk. Chan's eye twitches at the sight of his mug on his waxed wooden desk without a coaster underneath it. While the others are occupied with their morning greetings, he slips one underneath the mug.

"Okay so," He says loudly, making the two males look at him. "Let's get—"

"Sorry I am late!" Jisung come running into the office, causing Chan to literally groan.

"Woah uh— is this a bad time?" Jisung asks at the sight of a distraught Chan.

Chan takes a deep breath. "Not at all, Ji." He says calmly. "I just keep getting interrupted." He chuckles dryly.

"Oh, well I'm sorry. Just carry on with what you were talking about." Jisung says cheerfully, not wanting to cause anymore fuss. He will eventually pick up on, whatever it might be, that they are talking about—if he listens well enough.

"Felix was actually just about to share something he found out, the thing I mentioned yesterday in the car on the way back to our homes." Chan says.