Poking

— Chapter 20 —

"And this one was my favorite." She says, lifting up the giant bunny teddy bear. "I named him princess."

"Princess?" Felix repeats, "That's pretty."

"Thank you Lixie." Nabi says, getting shy and cuddling into the bear that is almost as big as her, if we are speaking realistically.

She turns her attention back to the other gifts, explain what they are and can do as well. Felix isn't fully paying attention, because he is fighting back literal tears. For the first time, he was called something other than 'mister neighbor' by the little girl. He feels like he belongs in heaven.

Hyunjin smiles softly at the two. He is sat with his legs crossed, holding a snowman coffee cup. Nabi bought him this cup with her uncle, and he loves it— even if it is kind of silly looking. He likes the sight of the two getting along, and how Felix cluelessly plays with the toys she keeps handing him.

"Drink the coffee!" She hands him a little teacup, or more so shoves it in his face.

He flinches a little bit, but chuckled and takes the cup as told. He sips it, pretending it's hot as she makes an apologetic face at him. She tells him she is sorry, and holds his hand for emotional support. He smiles at her, taking another sip of the imaginary liquid.

He turns his head to Hyunjin, who giggled at him when their eyes meet. "What?" He giggles out, seeing the other do so.

"Nothing, you guys are just adorable." Hyunjin says.

Felix smiles, turning back to the little girl who is now cooking with her plastic utensils she got this morning. While they are placing, the oven beeps, which causes Felix to snap his head to the kitchen.

"Ahh, I need too—" He turns to Nabi, who is pouting.

"No keep playing," Hyunjin jumps up. "I'll go check on them." He smiles.

Felix smiles at him, tilting his head. "Thanks."

Hyunjin winks at him, to which he blushes at looks away. Hyunjin chuckles to himself as he walks to the kitchen. When he reaches the island, he takes the oven mitt off the counter and slides it on, then opens the oven to check on the cookies.

He pulls them out, 'wow'ing at the perfect golden brown color. He takes his finger at pokes at them, smiling even more with how perfect they turned out.

"Are they good?" Felix yells from the kitchen, leaning back all the way to peek into the room.

Hyunjin smiles at him, giving him a thumbs up with a little nod. They need to cool for a little bit, so he moves the cookies to the other side of the counter and slides the mitt back off. He picks up all the wrappers and loose pieces of garbage, and puts the ingredients back— doing other little things to clean up afterwards.

After everything is set and cleaned up, he makes his way back into the living room. Felix now has an antler headband on, and is holding the bunny as he waits patiently for Nabi to finish making her food.

Hyunjin sits back down on the couch, minding his own business as he starts to flick through the different television channels. He reaches the Disney channel, which causes Nabi to look up at the TV. He notices her peeking, and decides to just keep it on the channel. She seems to be totally fascinated with the cartoons.