Lead

— Chapter six —

"The victim was a forty-three year old man," Chan says in a loud voice so everybody can hear. "Black hair, about five foot eleven, seventy-nine kilograms."

"Chan." Minho speaks up. "We don't care about all that, just get to the big details."

Chan sighs. "That's the thing.."

"What?" Felix asks. "What's wrong?"

Chan looks at Felix, then back to the bulletin board. "Well... this is all we have." He motions his hand to the almost empty board, with a disappointed expression on his face.

"As in.." Minho starts. "You only have details about the victim? What about the suspects?" He asks in disbelief, tilting his head.

"We literally don't have anything." Chan says seriously.

"Chan.." Felix stands up. "This murder was so bad that Han had to take a week off to recover. What do you mean this is all we got?" He crosses his arms.

"I mean this is literally, truly— all we got." Chan motions to the board again with a little more anger in his body. "This murder was planned and executed so perfectly... that there isn't a trace that he was even murdered—"

"Besides, well y'know, a fucking dead body!" Minho raises his voice. "What the fuck are you even taking about?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me." Chan says sternly. "I am trying my best to solve this case but I can't when there is absolutely nothing to work with. Whoever did this is a fucking mastermind."

"Ugh!" Minho groans out. "I'm going home, this is too much." He stands up and hastily makes his way out of the room.

"Come back here, you aren't allowed to go." Chan yells, taking off after him.

Felix watches as the two rush out of the room, both of them running for different reasons. He sighs and looks back to the bulletin board, frowning at how little information they have on this case. How could such a brutal murder be so unsolvable?

It has been a couple days since they had discovered the gruesome crime scene. Felix has been staying late and coming in early, so he hasn't had much interaction. He is also working on another case on top of this, so that's partially why. He sighs as he reads over the board yet again.

However, Felix tilts his head as he reads the name once again, furrowing his brows. Repeating the name in his head ten times, he starts to get something. He actually remembers that name, clear as day. Turning back to his laptop with furrowed brows, he types the name into the search bar.

"What the hell.." he says aloud, freaked out a little by what he just found.

"What?" A voice suddenly speaks from behind him.

He flinches and immediately hides his laptop screen, turning around to see who spoke. He is met with the face of the newbie, Changbin, who is holding two cups of coffee. He gives an apologetic smile as he tenses up.

"Did I startle you?" He asks. "I'm sorry, I just saw you in here and wanted to—" he starts to over explain, so Felix speaks up.

"No it's okay, you just surprised me." He chuckles.

Changbin chuckles too. "Sorry..." he awkwardly scratches his arm. "—Well anyways, what are you up to?"

"I'm working on the newest case." He says blandly.

"The Etterson one?" Changbin asks. "Good luck.. when I was picked to fill in for Han he warned me about this case." He says, having a seat next to Felix without asking.