Naive

— Chapter 43 —

Felix runs back to the front room, and the secretary chuckles when she sees him. "You again? It hasn't even been an hour."

Felix looks to her as she speaks, and he forces a smile. He doesn't want to be rude, and she's is right. That was the quickest questioning he has done in his life, but it was the most meaningful one he has ever done in his life.

He approaches the desk. "Do you know where Chan went?" Felix asks.

She nods her head, and motions to the back room. "He went back there to do some paperwork, and told me to tell him when you were done in there. Would you like me to get him for you?"

"No!" Felix says, shocking her. "I mean, no. I actually, need to leave early. If you can, just say I'm still in that room with Hyunjin. And can you give me the keys to a car?"

She looks at him suspiciously, and he just smiles. "I promise you, you will thank me for what I'm about to do. I just need to get out of here." He says eagerly, hoping she trusts him enough.

She just sighs, and hands him a pair of keys. "Here you go, Felix. I don't know what you are about to do, but I trust you. You're my favorite detective now." She winks, and he smiles.

"Thank you so much." He says, running to the door. "I promise you won't regret it."

She just nods her head, waving him off. He might be a total freak show, but he seems to be on a mission and who is she to stop him from following his dreams? She watches with a proud smile as he drives away.

Felix doesn't even fully park the car before he is hopping out of it, leaving it running. He uses his shaky hands to pull out the house key, unlocking the door as quickly as he can.

He entered the house with force, slamming the door. "Minho?!" He yells out. "Seungmin, Jisung?!"

Minho comes walking around the corner at the sudden voice, and Felix runs towards him when he sees him. Minho stops him by holding his arms, "Felix, are you okay?"

Jisung and Seungmin come running into the room, and Felix brushes Minho's arms off of him and nods his head. "I'm better than okay, I just figured everything out. I'm actually terrified though, but I have this adrenaline rushing through my—"

"Felix, your rambling." Seungmin says.

"I know, I know, I know, but I really need to tell you guys this." He says eagerly, not even being able to breathe properly. He tried his best to plan out how he is going to explain this on the ride here, but he's becoming too twitchy to even explain properly.

"How about you sit down and have some water first?" Jisung says, trying to push Felix into a chair. He looks to everyone else for help, but they are just staring blankly at Felix.

"No, no!" Felix moves away from Jisung, almost pushing the male away. He might sound insane right now, but he doesn't need to be tamed and sat down. "Listen to me, just give me five minutes." He says desperately.

"Just let him talk." Seungmin says, pulling Jisung back from Felix. He has faith in the older male, like he always does. He knows Felix doesn't get this way normally, and he doesn't know if it's the fact Felix seems terrified and excited all at once or something else— but he has a gut feeling Felix has important information.

"Okay, I think I know who the murderer is." Felix says, starting to pace the floor. "I was questing Hyunjin, and he told me how he was related to Jeongin. Which is already crazy, but he also told me he knows about the Blairs."