Volume 1 Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

Y/N's POV: 

We are aboard the bullhead on our way to Beacon when Yang comes up to hug Ruby and I which annoyed us.

Yang: I can't believe my baby brother and sister are going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: Yang, stop!

Yang: (let's us go) Sorry, it's that I'm so proud of you two!

Ruby: Really sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone here is gonna think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't wanna be the bee's knees, okay?! I don't wanna be any kind of knees! I just wanna be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited. I just, I got moved ahead two years while Y/N moved ahead one year. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: You are special. (smirk) And besides, being a normal girl means you're having a crush on someone, hmm~?

Ruby: Huh? 

Y/N: Say what? 

Yang: (hands on her hips) You have a crush already, don't you?

Ruby: (blushes) N-no I don't! S-shut up!

A news report came on about the guy me and Ruby fought last night. Then an article about a protest invaded by the White Fang it goes on. A hologram of the same huntress from the interrogation room appeared in front of us.

Huntress: Hello and welcome to Beacon.

Yang: Who's that?

Huntress: My name is Glynda Goodwitch. 

Yang: Oh. 

Glynda: You are among the privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing a an incredible time of peace, and as future huntsmen and huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it.

Y/N: I guess we have a lot to look forward to.

Ruby: Wow! Look, you can see Signal from here!

Us and the other students looked out of the glass to see the town below. 

Ruby: I guess home isn't too far away after all.

Yang: Beacon is our home now.

Y/N: Yang's right, Ruby. Home is where you make it.

We all heard groaning coming from our right as a blonde boy holding one hand on his mouth and one on his stomach then gags as he runs to find a trash can.