GOW 4: Chapter 5: Necessary Reunion

After a short horse ride, the group find themselves at JD's home, "The Stroud Estate" and endures a tense first meeting with JD's father, Marcus Fenix.

The horses pull into the estate. JD looks at the place and sighs.

JD: Come on.

The group puts the horses inside the shed. Kait walks out and sees no one.

Kait: You said he'd be home.

JD: He's home. He's always home.

Weiss: But that house looks abandoned.

JD: Cause that's not where he lives. (motioning them to follow) Follow me.

Del: (steps up beside Kait) He's like that sometimes. You're about to find out why.

Kait: Terrific.

Alex: (looks at Drake) Drake, stay here and guard the horses. You see DeeBees? Cloak and find us.

Drake: Affirmative.

Týra: Wait a minute... Where's Y/N? 

Yang: He was with us while we were raiding. 

Ruby: (gasps) Did we loss him?!

Y/N: No, I'm right here.

When everyone saw Y/N, they notice he wasn't riding on his horse like the rest.

Dean: Y/N, uh, why aren't you riding your horse?

Y/N: Yeah, it just doesn't feel right for me, you know? Like riding another living thing.

Vali: But you just ate a steak a while ago.

Y/N: Yeah, but like, you wouldn't ride your dog.

Vali: If my dog was a horse, I'd ride it.

Y/N: Yeah, well what about elephants?! Most people freak out if you ride on elephants!

Natasha: (smirk) Y/N... can you not ride a horse? 

Y/N: Pfft. Natasha, I'm the transportation expert... Of course I can ride a horse.

... That was a total lie. Y/N had a bad experience with horses back, but he just doesn't admit it and he was not honest with himself.

Dean: Whatever you say, Grandpa. 

Y/N groans in annoyance. Del sees how weeds have grown and some barrels were left out.

Del: Thought he was gonna fix up the place?

JD: That was the plan. Fifteen years ago.

Alex: (shrugs) Maybe he just hadn't got to it yet?

Nikki: So, you grew up here?

JD: I was born here. I grew up in boarding school.

Blake: So how was he able to get permission to live outside a settlement?